Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 RWC Pool fixtures Confirmed

• 27-11-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

19 September: Ireland vs Canada, Millennium Stadium Cardiff

27 September: Ireland vs Europe 2, Wembley Stadium London

4 October: Ireland vs Italy, Olympic Stadium London

11 October: Ireland vs France, Millennium Stadium Cardiff

Note: France vs Italy is 19 September, on the first weekend of pool matches. Both Pool D qualifiers will play their quarter final at Millennium Stadium.

Can't post link, just look up 2015 Rugby World Cup on Wikipedia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Prices and times in link below

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

BaEqneKIcAAaLfB.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

its_phil wrote: »
    Prices and times in link below

The ticket prices are unreal....£125 for a Cat C ticket to see Ireland v France is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bloody hell those tickets ain't cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Well, I won't be attending any games it seems. Those prices are ridiculous.

danthefan wrote: »
    Well, I won't be attending any games it seems. Those prices are ridiculous.

I sense another fiasco a la IRFU 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Just say one was to buy a ticket - when will they be available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Cant get over how bad the times and prices are for all irelands games. Genuinely feel the english are missing a trick here by not giving at least a second saturday game to ireland given the thousands that might go on day trips etc but you significantly cut that with the sunday games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Just say one was to buy a ticket - when will they be available?

Applications in a year or so. Cat D tickets are £50 for anyone complaining. I've sat in Cat D in all 3 of our stadiums with no issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

ha, jesus, England have some scourge of a group

Iang87 wrote: »
    Cant get over how bad the times and prices are for all irelands games. Genuinely feel the english are missing a trick here by not giving at least a second saturday game to ireland given the thousands that might go on day trips etc but you significantly cut that with the sunday games

I'd rather inconvenience the fans a tiny bit then give Ireland a six-day turnaround between Italy and France. 1700 in cardiff on a Sunday is a bit **** though. Transport will be a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

I really thought I might get to a game with the games 'next door'.
    Not at those prices and times. Factor in that the hotels in Cardiff will not be cheap.
    Very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

for some perspective, here's what I paid for tickets in 2011. the exchange rate was about 1EUR to 1.7NZD

282163.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

No mention of whether you'll be able to buy a pack to include all of Ireland's games, I presume they'll do something like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

for some perspective, here's what I paid for tickets in 2011. the exchange rate was about 1EUR to 1.7NZD

282163.jpg

You basically paid this for NZ 2011 games:

Ireland v USA | Cat A | €55
    Ireland v Australia | Cat A | €205
    Ireland v Russia | Cat A | €55
    Ireland v Italy | Cat B | €70
    Total | | €385

Ignoring the quarter final tickets, to go to the same games with equivalent category tickets, you're looking at:

Ireland v Canada | Cat A | €210
    Ireland v Europe 2 | Cat A | €210
    Ireland v Italy | Cat B | €210
    Ireland v France | Cat A | €300
    Total | | €930

Basically, 3x the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Video explaining how to buy tickets here:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Serbian wrote: »
    You basically paid this for NZ 2011 games:

Ireland v USA | Cat A | €55
    Ireland v Australia | Cat A | €205
    Ireland v Russia | Cat A | €55
    Ireland v Italy | Cat B | €70
    Total | | €385

Ignoring the quarter final tickets, to go to the same games with equivalent category tickets, you're looking at:

Ireland v Canada | Cat A | €210
    Ireland v Europe 2 | Cat A | €210
    Ireland v Italy | Cat B | €210
    Ireland v France | Cat A | €300
    Total | | €930

Basically, 3x the price.

Yeah but how much was you flight to NZ?!

The prices are crazy though. Think I might try to get to the Italy game but that will be it for me I would think.

Plenty of time to save anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Actually the prices for Ireland v Europe 2 (Russia/Romania?) at Wembley are crazy!

That stadium has a 90,000 capacity how on earth are they going to fill it at those prices!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

If we win our group we would most likely play Argentina in the QF and England/Wales in the semi. A good chance of having a good tournament providing we can beat france and win the group.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yeah....**** that ****.

This is going to be a cluster**** for the Irish fans going over. We always knew the airlines would have a field day with this and the ticket prices won't help matters.

I had in my head that I'd try to get over for one pool match but that's me out I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Applications in a year or so. Cat D tickets are £50 for anyone complaining. I've sat in Cat D in all 3 of our stadiums with no issue.

It is being lucky enough to get a Cat D is the problem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

How in the hell do they expect to shift 2m tickets with those prices. Wembley will be a ghost town for our game against Romania/Russia.

AGC wrote: »
    It is being lucky enough to get a Cat D is the problem

The FAQs say that Cat Ds will be held back and will be available for general sale/ballot. No need to start complaining about distribution until you miss out on them. I agree that Wembley is badly priced though. I live four tube stops from there and mightn't go, especially if it comes down to a financial choice between that and France/Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Jesus Christ that's shocking. This could be a disaster of a world cup in terms of crowd numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

The FAQs say that Cat Ds will be held back and will be available for general sale/ballot. No need to start complaining about distribution until you miss out on them. I agree that Wembley is badly priced though. I live four tube stops from there and mightn't go, especially if it comes down to a financial choice between that and France/Italy.

Will people hold out to wait for Cat D? Then miss out and be forced to pay over the odds or crazy prices for Romania/Russia for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Sail and rail my friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Georgia/Romania look like that they will be Europe 2. It smells like that they'll need to sell 89,750 tickets to that fixture to Irish fans

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not impressed with those prices at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Seems to me that they're vastly overestimating the interest and willingness of the neutral in some of these games... £50 for the cheapest ticket into Ireland vs. Europe 2 at Wembley could be an Edinburgh-in-Murrayfield kind of situation.

Sure even stuff like Canada vs. Europe 2 in the Leicester City Stadium - that's 30,000+ and they're charging £15-£60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Georgia/Romania look like that they will be Europe 2. It smells like that they'll need to sell 89,750 tickets to that fixture to Irish fans

What's particularly annoying is that when France play Georgia/Romania in the Olympic Stadium the prices are about 50% of what Ireland v Georgia/Romania is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

bilston wrote: »
    Yeah but how much was you flight to NZ?!

The prices are crazy though. Think I might try to get to the Italy game but that will be it for me I would think.

Plenty of time to save anyway...

€1200, plus travel and living expenses for 6 weeks.

Runners up in Ireland's group to play New Zealand in the next round with respect to their group...

GavMan wrote: »
    Sail and rail my friends

this is a great option (£38 to anywhere in UK) for those who can take the Monday off work, however pretty much impossible for day-trippers due to Sunday kick off times.

Be warned, as an experienced sail'n'railer, being hungover on a boat full of children (it's usually families on board) is a dangerous game.

Puking on kids in public is frowned upon apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

What's particularly annoying is that when France play Georgia/Romania in the Olympic Stadium the prices are about 50% of what Ireland v Georgia/Romania is.

This....I would have thought that the group games would have been alot better value to ensure full stadiums and they would have cranked up the price when it gets to the business end of the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Superbus wrote: »
    Seems to me that they're vastly overestimating the interest and willingness of the neutral in some of these games... £50 for the cheapest ticket into Ireland vs. Europe 2 at Wembley could be an Edinburgh-in-Murrayfield kind of situation.

Sure even stuff like Canada vs. Europe 2 in the Leicester City Stadium - that's 30,000+ and they're charging £15-£60.
    OhHiMark wrote: »
    Jesus Christ that's shocking. This could be a disaster of a world cup in terms of crowd numbers.
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    How in the hell do they expect to shift 2m tickets with those prices. Wembley will be a ghost town for our game against Romania/Russia.

If they can tap into whatever zeitgeist that had people paying £80STG to watch two hours of dressage or doublebore rifle shooting day after day in central London back in summer 2012 then they might be OK.
    Never underestimate the willingness of the upwardly looking middle classes in the UK to pay frightening amounts for the 'must see' events.

On the other hand its 'only' rugby, with no sexy Olympic tag to give it that extra cachet and its not summer time which I think was crucial to the Olympics unprecedented success.

I'm dubious but I suspect they haven't just pulled these figures from nowhere but have researched what they believe the market will pay, and also they have given themselves two years which is a decent lead-in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

I'll probably head over for the Europe1 game, although I might be the only one there based on those prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

This may be of interest, article about Japan's attempts to get the ball rolling on 2019

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24853540

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Can't get my head around them fixing the final for 5pm, would the Australians and Kiwis have been consultated on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭cityman 18

Can't get my head around them fixing the final for 5pm, would the Australians and Kiwis have been consultated on this?

Ya i imagine a 7 or 8pm ko time would of been way more sociable for Australians and New Zealanders. Suppose it won't matter to the Kiwis after we knock them out in the QF! :D

Ticket prices are way too expensive imho, not sure how they plan on filling wembley for our game against Romania/Russia. Just won't be done. It will be 40,000 people drowned out in a half full stadium.

Really disappointed with these ticket prices. The crucial French game is astronomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Thekidneybean

715 cat a for the final
    Free to plonk your ass infront of the tele with a pint....hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

715 for the final!? Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Thekidneybean

.ak wrote: »
    715 for the final!? Jaysus.

I planned on going cause I'll be finished the leaving cert and it's on ten days after my birthday, hopefully the prices are like this cause of Christmas ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I went to games in 2007 and the bigger games were not exactly cheap

the Irl France game in Paris were £42 - £181

However, the big difference is in the other games

Namibia and Georgia in bordeaux were only £9 - £29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

arse.. was hoping to do a tour of the RWC and make a couple of the lesser games.. prices are fairly shteep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

This is a load of bullshít......I had a place to stay, was willing to tolerate getting sick on the ferry..... but those prices are ridiculous.

I would have loved to go to the France game...but tbh, I wouldn't pay that if it was on in Thomond Park, let alone in England.

I wonder is there any chance of the games against weaker opposition dropping in price closer to the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Is it only the CAT A tickets that are being sold at silly prices? Any word on any of the lesser categories yet?

Fireball07 wrote: »
    This is a load of bullshít......I had a place to stay, was willing to tolerate getting sick on the ferry..... but those prices are ridiculous.

How much were you expecting to pay in total? 4 fewer pints after the game should cover it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement