Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enquiry about Bichons

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

How lucky are you to have found a minder for your dog - thats really great.

You know your dog - if he has seperation anxiety he just cant be left alone all day. Why would you have a dog, that is alone and unhappy and stressed all day - you love your dog so you find a solution (which you happily have!) I had a collie (PTS last Nov) - he would happily spend the day alone (outside) mooching about. I have an elderly terrier who would sleep all day long - as long as he has water & a bone or treat to start the day off with, hes happy. My younger terrier is ok if he has the other terrier but 5/6 hours would be the most I would want to leave him. So, every dog is different - I dont think having a dog alone 8-6 x 5 days/week is good - but thats just me - at the very minimum I would have someone in to take the dog(s) out for a walk during the day. Im currently walking my friends dogs every day while they are on holiday - they will do the same for me when needed. Another friend lets those dogs out in the enclosed yard morning and evening. A lot of hassle and nuisance; that example is just for holidays, but you do what you have to do for your beloved dogs.

There is always a solution, luckily you have found one for your dog, but 8am-6pm every single day is I think too long a day for a little dog to be on its own. Just my tuppence worth. Hope all goes well with your new solution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Great that you found somewhere for him to stay during the week. :)

I agree with tk123, it will depend on the dog and the circumstances I guess. We leave them with the back door open and In this weather my two will happily sit outside sunbathing for the day. When we get home they come say hi then head back out. Whereas when it cools a bit and they are in the house more they are much more excited to see us and want their walk immediately etc. in winter we usually do a day at home, a day at the kennel, two days at home and then a day in the kennel. So they're occupied for two days and tired the other three

Advertisement