Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite COD Maps

• 27-11-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Recently, I've found myself going back and playing some of the older CODs, and I'm surprised at how much I enjoy so many of the older maps.

I've been playing WAW for the last few days, having not played it in about 3 years, and maybe its because it is the COD I've played least since COD3 but I'm loving most of the maps.

I haven't played Ghosts, but have read that the maps maybe aren't the greatest, and was wondering what are everyone else's favourite maps across the COD series?

One of my favourites is Crossfire from COD4, as I love a bit of sniping on HC TDM. Its a pity the game is so hacked now.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Terminal from MW2 (wasn't the same in MW3 either for some reason) and the film set one for Blops 1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for Crossfire, Ambush, and Backlot from CoD4, and Afghan and Terminal from MW2. Liked a couple of the maps from Blops 1, but nothing that really stands out as a favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Castle on world at war was alway a bit of a beast map. Kill streaks all over the shop 3,5,7 days tho

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

black ops 1 maps were the best i loved firing range,nuketown,summit,jungle well i loved them all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

World at War had the best for me. Hangar, Dome, Cliffside, Airfield, Castle, Courtyard all great. Firing Range and Summit from BO1, and Lockdown, Dome, Seatown, Hardhat and Arkaden from MW3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

The DLC map Drive In for Blops 1, nice one that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Dome...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Terminal, Crash, Highrise, Afghan, Favela, Dome, Summit, Scrapyard would all be on my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

WMD in BO1.

A small map but so many places for people to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Carentan in COD2, which was also Chinatown in CoD4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

krudler wrote: »
    Terminal, Crash, Highrise, Afghan, Favela, Dome, Summit, Scrapyard would all be on my list.

Your list was 100% except this. I think it's one of the worst maps in all the COD games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Never understood the Afghan love in, was a poor map.

Cod4: Backlot, Crash, Overgrown, Strike, Vacant.
    Mw2: Scrapyard, Highrise, Invasion, Karachi, Terminal.
    Black Ops 1: Firing Range, Hanoi, Havana, Radiation, Villa.
    Mw3: Arkaden, Bootleg, Seatown, Lockdown.
    Black Ops 2: Express, Meltdown, Plaza, Raid, Slums, Standoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Your list was 100% except this. I think it's one of the worst maps in all the COD games.

Really? I like how varied it is, it's big enough without being annoying, loads of room for air support but plenty of cover too etc. It was also a booster's paradise which made FFA brilliant fun on it.

oh, and Trailer Park, I think its one of the best maps in any COD game for Demolition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

AdamD wrote: »
    Never understood the Afghan love in, was a poor map.

Cod4: Backlot, Crash, Overgrown, Strike, Vacant.
    Mw2: Scrapyard, Highrise, Invasion, Karachi, Terminal.
    Black Ops 1: Firing Range, Hanoi, Havana, Radiation, Villa.
    Mw3: Arkaden, Bootleg, Seatown, Lockdown.
    Black Ops 2: Express, Meltdown, Plaza, Raid, Slums, Standoff.
    I bet your either a sniper or AR guy :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Carentan in COD2, which was also Chinatown in CoD4.

Carentan was also in COD1, epic map identical to some scenes from Band of Brothers too.

Advertisement