Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone charger cable

• 27-11-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭

Well has anyone come up with a definitive fix or work around for the issues of non apple charger cables not working / charging apple devices after iOS 7 update ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes, buy an official charger cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chelseaodee

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Well has anyone come up with a definitive fix or work around for the issues of non apple charger cables not working / charging apple devices after iOS 7 update ???

Currys do a cable charger for €7.99 I bought it on Monday and it works perfect a hell of a lot cheaper than the apple one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Currys do a cable charger for €7.99 I bought it on Monday and it works perfect a hell of a lot cheaper than the apple one

Nice one :-) , what brand is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭Horrocksjm

I bought one for my 5c in dealz and it works a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

yes, buy an official charger cable.

been using cheap cables for years on my iphones and ipad and never had any charging or syncing issues

• Advertisement

nightster1 wrote: »
    been using cheap cables for years on my iphones and ipad and never had any charging or syncing issues

Basically with the latest iOS update for the iphone , it can detect if the cable you are using is an authentic apple cable or another brand . Their is a chip in apples lightning cables for iphone 5. If it doesn't detect the chip it throws up a message saying the cable may not work properly thus rendering it useless for charging / syncing . They want companies to adopt their MFI so they have greater control over sales of said cables . Some brands seem unaffected . Mine was fine before the update , didn't afterwords . Now it doesn't work at all . Nothing necessarily wrong with it. , it's just if the phone doesn't detect the chip , it won't work . Simple as that . There is a work around for some brands , I'm just seeing if there is a permanent work around saving me having to buy another lightning cable seeing as mine was fine before the update .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Apple should be ashamed at the quality of the official cables.

Every one I've seen has loose / exposed cables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Apple should be ashamed at the quality of the official cables.

Every one I've seen has loose / exposed cables
    been using official cables since the first gen iPod, never had one fail on me. shudder to think what people do with their cables, probably should check your house for mice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I've had iPhones since the original, iPads for 3 years, all with the usual charger. No wear, no breakages..

Since changing to the 5 with the new lightening connector , I've replaced my work one twice, my car one once and home one once.

The joint from the cable to the connector has worn away on every one.

I like to think that I take care of my things, these are really shoddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Basically with the latest iOS update for the iphone , it can detect if the cable you are using is an authentic apple cable or another brand . Their is a chip in apples lightning cables for iphone 5. If it doesn't detect the chip it throws up a message saying the cable may not work properly thus rendering it useless for charging / syncing . They want companies to adopt their MFI so they have greater control over sales of said cables . Some brands seem unaffected . Mine was fine before the update , didn't afterwords . Now it doesn't work at all . Nothing necessarily wrong with it. , it's just if the phone doesn't detect the chip , it won't work . Simple as that . There is a work around for some brands , I'm just seeing if there is a permanent work around saving me having to buy another lightning cable seeing as mine was fine before the update .

So far, Im charging/syncing my ipad 2 & iphone 5 without any issues. Im running the most recent ios7.0.4 I use chinese cables from dx.com @ €2 each. Thats my experience to date

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The €2 shop cables charge mine no problem.

kceire wrote: »
    The €2 shop cables charge mine no problem.

Didn't know those type of shops sold those cables , must have a look . Where did you get yours ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Didn't know those type of shops sold those cables , must have a look . Where did you get yours ?

George's street. Also bought one in the blanch centre for work.

kceire wrote: »
    George's street. Also bought one in the blanch centre for work.

Cheers !

Advertisement