Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Dialler, Camera and Motion Dector

Options
  • 27-11-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I've been looking at various alarm systems and cctv sets ups out there but can't find one that can detect motion dection, record and ring my phone.

I know I can get a motion dector with phone dialler and then a cctv system but any combine both or even an app that would make a sound on my phone.

Plenty of systems send you an email etc. Buts its no good if your sound asleep.
    I need the motion dector and camera to be outside aswell.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All you need is a DVR with alarm outputs that can be programmed to switch on motion detection. That will in turn trigger any generic voice or text dialler.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ascona

Sorry I'm not sure I follow you re the DVR with alarm outputs. I think the following is what I want and I'm looking for a system that does it. Its only in a remote location so I only have 3g wifi modem.

Wireless Outdoor Camera
    Wireless Outdoor Motion Sensor
    Phone Dialler

When motion sensor detects movement it should phone my phone and then from my smart phone I can look at whats happening either live or look at video clip.

Can you suggest a system to look at?

Also the camera should have good night vision aswell.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So are you not using a recorder at all?
    Have you power on the site ?

KoolKid wrote: »
    So are you not using a recorder at all?
    Have you power on the site ?

I have power on site and I could use a recorder.

• Advertisement

Then that's the best way to go.
    You could also use a trigger from your external sensor into a GSM dialler.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Then that's the best way to go.
    You could also use a trigger from your external sensor into a GSM dialler.

Is there a system I can buy off the shelf or do I need to buy a motion dector, dvr system and a phone dialler all seperately and try and get it to work?

There are DVRs that would detect motion from the camera and switch an output..

Could you recommend some to look it?

ascona wrote: »
    Could you recommend some to look it?

Any of the new Eneo machines would do this.
    Where are you located?

• Advertisement

Located in Munster.

Its seams I need a mismatch of products and there is no off the shelf solution?

I don't know anything that would do what you want out of the box.

Advertisement