Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Cork train station to airport

Options
  • 27-11-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Could anyone tell me roughly how long it takes by taxi from Cork train station to Cork airport? Also any idea how much it costs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

Could anyone tell me roughly how long it takes by taxi from Cork train station to Cork airport? Also any idea how much it costs?

I'm guessing 15-20 mins depending on traffic and best part of 20 notes ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If you phone one of the taxi companies, they often have set rates for journeys like this.

Cork taxi co-op is 1890 800 500
    http://www.corktaxi.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I should have mentioned I've checked Google maps and it looks doable in the time I have but it's going to be Friday evening so I'm worried about traffic. I get into the train station at 4.40pm and need to be in the airport at 5.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Thanks - will try that.
    pwurple wrote: »
    If you phone one of the taxi companies, they often have set rates for journeys like this.

Cork taxi co-op is 1890 800 500
    http://www.corktaxi.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Ring up Shandon Cabs on MacCurtain St. They should do it for 15.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

... I get into the train station at 4.40pm and need to be in the airport at 5.30pm...

No problem there, it will never take 40-45 mins, even in very heavy traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

you dont nead to ring any company, just jump into the first car on the rank there and save yourself the call out charge, the fare will be between €15 and €18 depending on traffic, as the traffic rush hour comes from the oppisite direction, your journey will be a minimum of 15 mins and a maximum of 25, I am a taxi driver and can stand over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

There is a bus that goes to the airport from kent station. The 226/226a departs from kent station on the hour and half hour from 6am till 10pm and takes about 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

I should have mentioned I've checked Google maps and it looks doable in the time I have but it's going to be Friday evening so I'm worried about traffic. I get into the train station at 4.40pm and need to be in the airport at 5.30pm.

You'll be grand! and if your on the dublin train that usually gets in 10-15 minutes early so ask the cabbie to be there 10 minutes early

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

usersame wrote: »
    You'll be grand! and if your on the dublin train that usually gets in 10-15 minutes early so ask the cabbie to be there 10 minutes early

I regularly get trains from Dublin to Cork (on one right now) and back... never ever have I been on time, never mind 10-15mins early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement