Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Save a spicey curry

• 27-11-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭

I made a chicken balti and I used 5 dried birds eye chillies. It's way too spicey for my palate. Any ideas on how I can salvage this dish?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Add some natural yoghurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Add cream or yogurt? Or else pass it to me, I love spicy food! :D (I can swap it for some south indian curry I made yesterday, that was pretty tame).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

add more ingredients to make the ratio of chilli to the rest of the dish less.

If i'm making a chilli for someone else to eat who may not like spicy food. an old person for example, or a baby maybe. then ill add diced potato or pasta.

You could add in some carrots without affecting too much, or a whole lot more chicken.

My mother will add in a large potato cut into 4 and leave it in the pan when serving or scoop the potato chunks out before dishing it up, this will have the same effect and not screw with the dish too much.

Serve it with the yoghurt tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

add more ingredients to make the ratio of chilli to the rest of the dish less.
    Very similarly you can take out some sauce leaving the chicken behind, freeze the hot sauce and use it in the future, and add back in mild sauce to dilute it down. This way you do not end up with too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

rubadub wrote: »
    Very similarly you can take out some sauce leaving the chicken behind, freeze the hot sauce and use it in the future, and add back in mild sauce to dilute it down. This way you do not end up with too much.

yup, very smart. I keep frozen stock in the fridge for a similar reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement