Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet and Mobile BB

Options
  • 27-11-2013 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm wondering what (if any) android tablets will accept a Mobile BB dongle? I don't have Wi-Fi or internet in my house, but have a dongle for my laptop. I could use my phone to tether, but would rather not do that. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

how old is the dongle? usually the carrier will let you do a free upgrade from a USB dongle to a hotspot device depending on the age of your device and a contract renewal.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Some Android tablets, particularly the Chinese ones do support a very limited amount of dongles. I reckon the chance a driver for your dongle being on the tablet would be slim though. Either tether or like Overheal says the Mobile BB wifi hotspot things are a good solution

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes a mobile internet mifi device would be the answer. Generally can be connected to 5 devices or so so it opens up a whole lot of options for you that the dongle wont allow.
    In operating a small business with a vodafone mifi device as it is the only internet service available here and its reasonably satisfactory. It also allows me to use wireless printer and have laptop, tablet and phone connected at home and away.

Advertisement