Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Rink

Options
  • 27-11-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,251 ✭✭✭✭

would it be much of a benefit to have the ice rink on the quay open all year round. It would create employment opportunites and would be good for the city

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

PTH2009 wrote: »
    would it be much of a benefit to have the ice rink on the quay open all year round. It would create employment opportunites and would be good for the city

I think it would only work around christmas to be honest plus I dont see that area being given up easily for usage all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

PTH2009 wrote: »

Probably not, over xmas its a great novelty and is used quite well over the period, but if it was there over the year, I would see the customer base dropping hugely and not be profitable..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

The amount of broken bones in the place is unreal, every year I hear that the place wont be open because of the amount of claims that have been brought against the company, (but I dont believe it)
    it would never survive a whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The amount of broken bones in the place is unreal, every year I hear that the place wont be open because of the amount of claims that have been brought against the company, (but I dont believe it)
    it would never survive a whole year.

I would imagine that you could only claim against them for broken bones if the facility was not fit for purpose, such as if there was a pool of water that froze in the ticket sales/food area and then you stepped in it and fell.

The ice rink itself is more than likely perfectly fit for purpose, and I'm sure they provide the proper equipment and warnings/disclaimers. After that, I would imagine any talk of claims would just be blowing hot air out your ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

they should turn one of the old factories thats not being used, or warehouse buildings like BnQ into the rink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

DRQUIRKEYS_zpsa1729366.png

http://www.drquirkeys.ie/

Could do well here even if only opened at weekends all year rounds...

Advertisement