Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curly Straws!

Options
  • 27-11-2013 6:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Where in the name of christ can you buy curly straws in Cork? I've tried a ton of places, including euro shops, can't track the damned things down. Anyone actually SEEN them anywhere? I'm not paying close to a tenner to buy god-knows-what on eBay, but I've promised the smallie and I keep my promises dammit! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmmm jes I spotted them someplace but cant think was it tescos in douglas or the pound shop there.. when do u need them for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I'm not in a big rush, I'm just such of traipsing around shops looking for them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Most supermarkets will yave them but finding them is the issue. Their normally hanging off a shelf in some random spot like the crisp isle or with the gravy.
    I got some in dunnes in ballincollig and as dunnes go thats about the smallest in cork. If they have them the rest should too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i bought some in supervalu in grange, they wee hanging on the aisle with the fizzy drinks...

I tried a couple of Super Valus. These are definitely curly straws, not just regular bendy straws?

Grange would be great, the mother pops in there regularly, I just don't want to send her on a fool's errand. "You might pick up a Long Stand while you're there please, just ask someone at the butcher's counter and they'll send someone for one." :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Have you tired Woodies DIY out on the Kinsale Road?

They have a "party" section there now where you can buy hats, balloons, etc.

It's on the right just as you walk in the door.

Might be worth a look.

rovoagho wrote: »
    I tried a couple of Super Valus. These are definitely curly straws, not just regular bendy straws?

Grange would be great, the mother pops in there regularly, I just don't want to send her on a fool's errand. "You might pick up a Long Stand while you're there please, just ask someone at the butcher's counter and they'll send someone for one." :)

yes they are 3 curly straws in a pack. not bendy straws!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Found them..(I hope it's the right ones anyway)

Over in Woodies..

There are called Krazy Straws..

Bottom of Page One here, Not sure if they have them in stock though.

http://www.woodiespartyzone.ie/KeywordSearch.aspx?KWSearchText=straws

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I will be in supervalu in Grange tomorrow i can check if they are there.

I tried Woodies in Blackpool, couldn't see them. Those party zones are ridiculous by the way, they're doing nothing but harm to themselves by continuing to dilute their purpose. All led by the morons in Atlantic with the sweeties at checkout, for a quick buck. Woodies out by the dump used to be a great shop, but it's cat now. B&Q is DIY paradise in comparison. Pardon my rant.

@silly, that would be very cool, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Seen them in centra down dennehys cross way this evening.
    They're on a clip strip hanging in an aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I saw them this evening in Dunnes in Bishopstown (next to the roundabout) and thought of this thread, they are down the drinks aisle, pack of 4 for 1.50.

Feck's sake, ye're legends. I'll have curly straws out the wahooney!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

whoop let the party begin. you will be forever cool

Just now in supervalu in grange :)282455.jpg

I shall send the mother there immediately! :)

Advertisement