Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a replacement Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 27-11-2013 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Is there a cost associated with getting a card that is beginning to split replaced? With over two years before it expires I doubt it will last the course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Delos,

Thanks for your post.

There are costs associated with ordering replacements of certain cards. Can you tell me what type of card you use e.g. Visa Debit Card / Credit Card, and I can address your query specifically.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Thanks
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Hi Delos,

Thanks for your post.

There are costs associated with ordering replacements of certain cards. Can you tell me what type of card you use e.g. Visa Debit Card / Credit Card, and I can address your query specifically.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Thanks
    Elaine
    Hi Elaine,

it's a visa debit card.

Thanks
    Delos

Hi Delos,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In most cases there is a charge of 8 on a replacement Visa Debit Card. You can order this through your account holding branch. Alternatively, if you are registered for Bank of Ireland 365 you can call 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 and a representative will be happy to order this for you.

You can find the contact details of your branch here.

If we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Elaine

Hi Delos,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In most cases there is a charge of 8 on a replacement Visa Debit Card. You can order this through your account holding branch. Alternatively, if you are registered for Bank of Ireland 365 you can call 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 and a representative will be happy to order this for you.

You can find the contact details of your branch here.

If we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Elaine
    Thanks for the quick response.

I will call into my branch and see if the will wave the cost. I have been careful with the card and as far as I'm concerned it is a fault with the card rather than abuse on my part.

Delos

Your welcome Delos,

A branch staff member will be happy to review the charge for you.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

• Advertisement

Any idea how long it should take for a replacement card to be issued? I've been billed for it but there is still no sign of it in the post.

Thanks

Hi Delos,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

A Visa Debit card can take up to 5 to 7 working days to be delivered to an address. If it is past this time frame, we would advise that you contact Bank of Ireland 365 directly on 0818 365 365 / 003531404 4000 and a representative will be happy help you.

We hope this helps and if we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks
    Elaine

Advertisement