Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Selling Clementines

Options
  • 27-11-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Apologies in advance for the vagueness that is to follow below. The reason being is that we do not have any experience in such matters.

We have a 200 Hectare farm. The farm is not in the EU. The farm currently produces 1200 tonnes approx. of Clementines, of three varieties, per year (this amount can be increased). It is also possible to produce other citrus fruits.

We would like to import and sell this produce in Ireland but we do not know how to go about it. Should we just write to the various Irish fruit importers:

http://www.goldenpages.ie/fruit-importers/

We would like to be able to sell a full years produce in one go or indeed several years produce in one go by making a contract with an importer/buyer. We do not know if this is possible at all.

We are also looking for investors for the farm to increase productivity and diversify. But again we do not know how to go about this.

Does anyone here have any experience dealing/working on something like this who would like to give us some advice please?

If you have any questions please just ask.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fruitman

Your best bet would be to contact the importers you listed and see if any of them are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

What sort of information would I need to give the importers?

Should I just write to them?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fruitman

They will probably be interested in how your growing, meeting standards, are you going to look after distribution etc. Most of the fruit coming into Ireland goes to Holland first. I deal with some of the importers here. If you want to send me some information I can see if any of them would be interested.

Where are you selling the fruit to at the moment and where is the farm?

Advertisement