Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question

• 27-11-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of putting a course from nci on my cao. The entry requirement for the course is a d3 in two higher subjects and D3 in 4 higher subjects.

Does that mean you have to do 6 subjects? Im only doing 5 :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Link to the course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Are you doing 5 and lcvp or just 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

thelad95 wrote: »
    Are you doing 5 and lcvp or just 5?

Just 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Yeah you need to do 6 subjects.
    If you don't mind me asking how have you ended up doing just 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

thelad95 wrote: »
    Yeah you need to do 6 subjects.
    If you don't mind me asking how have you ended up doing just 5?

Im repeating so I dropped chemistry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm assuming that you are capable of getting enough points for your chosen course with the 5 subjects you have, even though 6 subjects are counted for points. Perhaps take up Chemistry again and do ordinary level to take the pressure off you just to meet the 6 subject requirement of your chosen course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

If you passed chemistry last year or any other dropped subject, I think you can count those for matriculation purposes, just not points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

If Canard's advice doesn't apply, you could try taking up a subject such as business or geography if you don't do those already as they may be easier than others to pass, thus giving you six subjects.

Advertisement