Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 connection

• 27-11-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi, this is probably a very basic question so sorry in advance if it's obvious!!
    I have an iPhone 5 but I won't connect to my speakers that I have as they only have the old connection not the new smaller opening for charger.
    Is there some sort of adapter I can get or are the speakers now void?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You want something like this:
    http://www.did.ie/apple-lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-md823zm-a-prd

Only problem is that the "dock" part mightn't work so well, but you can probably jimmy something together

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

seamus wrote: »
    You want something like this:
    http://www.did.ie/apple-lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-md823zm-a-prd

Only problem is that the "dock" part mightn't work so well, but you can probably jimmy something together

And just to point out they can be got from the €2 shop on Georges street for €1.50.
    Might be worth buying the cheap one to check for connections etc before sphlashing out on an official one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

kceire wrote: »
    And just to point out they can be got from the €2 shop on Georges street for €1.50.
    Might be worth buying the cheap one to check for connections etc before sphlashing out on an official one.

And just to point out (before OP wastes their money) that these aren't the same things. The Apple one will bring audio through the connector, the spurious (cheap) ones don't.

My car kit uses the older dock connector and with the official Apple Lightning to Dock connector the iPhone 5 works just the same as older iPhones, including track control.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ignore, wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

Thanks all for your replies. Have ordered the one from Apple store, killing me handing over €30 when I had only bought the docking station 3 months before iPhone!!

Thanks for the audio support info, otherwise I would've bought the cheaper ones available!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

june92 wrote: »
    Thanks all for your replies. Have ordered the one from Apple store, killing me handing over €30 when I had only bought the docking station 3 months before iPhone!!

Thanks for the audio support info, otherwise I would've bought the cheaper ones available!

Apple used the dock connector for about 10 years before they changed. The transition is hard but lightning will hopefully be around for another 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

TBi wrote: »
    Apple used the dock connector for about 10 years before they changed. The transition is hard but lightning will hopefully be around for another 10 years.

Don't really mind now I think of it because have old iPod with 4000+ songs on that I can connect and also use adapter for new lightening so best of both worlds! But they should have provided adapter free or reduced price when people were buying new versions of iPhone etc!

Advertisement