Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a shooting range.

• 27-11-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey there. I'm just looking for a shooting range with something other than clay pigeons on offer. I have a experienced handling and firing assault rifles and pistols and am looking for somewhere I can take a mate along and pay for the day and equipment and shoot. Looking for a place that has something between pistol and possible assault rifle available. I don't own any of my own at the moment. Thank you.
    Ps. Anywhere in Ireland would do, I know of the Balbriggan one and would prefer closer to Dublin but anywhere would do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Nowhere closer than Balbriggan.

There's nowhere that will let a walk in use a pistol or anything close to an 'assault rifle'.

Clay pigeon shooting or a bit of .22lr benchrest etc. is your lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MisterScope

Dammit. Used to work with bigger calibre weapons but that will suffice I suppose. Thank you very much. =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

Moved to shooting forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Dammit. Used to work with bigger calibre weapons but that will suffice I suppose. Thank you very much. =]

They are not weapons, they are sporting or target firearms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

lol - what's bigger caliber than a 12gauge? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

20mm

well, yes, I was aware of that but I don't see any of us getting to play with that particlar round anytime soon. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Don't have 'assault rifles', either.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

tac foley wrote: »
    Don't have 'assault rifles', either.

tac

Nope , true assault rifles , if there is such a thing are select fire, that is to say between semi and fully automatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I know. :)

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

rowa wrote: »
    They are not weapons, they are sporting or target firearms.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/weapon

So if I'm out clay shooting I have a target firearm, and if defending myself from a burglar I have a weapon. So really my 12 bore is both one and the same.

rsole1 wrote: »
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/weapon

So if I'm out clay shooting I have a target firearm, and if defending myself from a burglar I have a weapon. So really my 12 bore is both one and the same.

Right - so what is it if he's using it at an authorised range eh?!?! :mad:

Can we not do this again please - the word "weapon" implies intent to cause harm - think wrench, hurley, hammer, kitchen knife. You don't call these weapons in everyday circumstance.

What we use are firearms. Those in the military, those of malicious intent, and those involved in self defence, have occasion to use firearms as weapons.

The association is directly tied to the application or intent and is therefore not a just description of the artifact itself as it is commonly used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

extremetaz wrote: »
    Right - so what is it if he's using it at an authorised range eh?!?! :mad:

Can we not do this again please - the word "weapon" implies intent to cause harm - think wrench, hurley, hammer, kitchen knife. You don't call these weapons in everyday circumstance.

What we use are firearms. Those in the military, those of malicious intent, and those involved in self defence, have occasion to use firearms as weapons.

The association is directly tied to the application or intent and is therefore not a just description of the artifact itself as it is commonly used.

Going to step in with my mod hat on here and agree with extremetaz. Can we drop the "weapon" debate please. Any issues, please follow protocol and PM me to discuss.

Advertisement