Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pics of Japanese Fashion & Female Students from the swinging 60s

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

the japanese ones arent from the 60s. there modern photographs. the american ones are 60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

emo72 wrote: »
    the japanese ones arent from the 60s. there modern photographs. the american ones are 60s.

Pics of( Japanese Fashion) & (Female Students from the swinging 60s)

oh silly me. i read it (Pics of japanese fashion & female) students. nice bit of coloured noastalgia anyway.

What do People think of Japanese girls after seeing these. Some of them seem to have odd fetishes.

to be fair i really dont see anything fetishy at all there. it reminds me of teenagery style the world over. japanese girls seem nice and polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

You also have to remember that these are not everyday "fashion" for the vast majority of those people. While most of them weren't taken in the Harajuku area (Some of them were, you can see the pedestrian bridge behind a few that goes over that insanely busy junction in some of the pics), they still mostly represent a kind of extreme fashion/cosplay that a lot of the kids and younger people like to dress up as at the weekends.They wear their normal clothes to where they want to hang out and then change into these outfits in general. They then compare outfits, pose for their pics and let off a bit of steam (As well as trying to avoid pervy Westerners) It's a chance to show off and express their individuality from time to time in an otherwise pretty regimented society. (The irony is that a lot of the Harajuku styles themselves conform to quite specific genres so even in their personal expression it's still quite regimented)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Have you been to Japan, Grover?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

(As well as trying to avoid pervy Westerners)

:(

*closes aerlingus.ie*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Have you been to Japan, Grover?

I have, yeah. A few time over the years. And I wasn't joking about the pervy Westerners hanging around Harajuku bridge (That's not the name of the bridge, I can't remember the name). I'm sure most were pretty harmless but it made me cringe a bit. They certainly seemed more interested in the girls than the guys or the Teds in yoyogi park beside it. It's the only place I don't take pictures. (If I didn't look like a pervy westerner myself it might be grand :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What do People think of Japanese girls after seeing these.
    What is your own opinion?

Me, I think Jap fashion is brilliant and quite quirky. As TheIrishGrover said, even in their effort to stand out they are still somehow conform. It's the same over here of course.

And those 60s chicks are hot!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Schwiiiinnnnnnngg

vintage_photos_of_american_high_school_female_students_in_1969_640_high_09.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

biko wrote: »

And those 60s chicks are hot!

You forgot to say "man"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I was thinkingthe Japanese girls looked trés moderne.

Advertisement