Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading and Leeds 2014

Options
  • 27-11-2013 7:01pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

@OfficialRandL
    First #RandL14 announcements are coming NEXT TUESDAY. You won’t want to miss this – £50 saves your space!

BaA2U5pCcAAcCeP.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Could be Metallica I guess as they also have an announcement, but that could be Soni. Maybe Black Sabbath. Are there any other rumours?

EDIT: QotSA to step up as a headliner!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea Queens as headliners for def , maybe 30stm subbing someone again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

QOTSA announced in Denmark the weekend 13th-15th June perhaps too early for R&L?

QOTSA announced in Denmark the weekend 13th-15th June perhaps too early for R&L?

They could still come back for Reading/Leeds and maybe drop over to Electric Picnic :P

Its a weird one, could do two runs, its not unheard of.

Or a gig in the Mrquee would be handy.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Its a weird one, could do two runs, its not unheard of.

Or a gig in the Mrquee would be handy.

Yea didnt Green Day do Europe in June then back in August for Reading and Leeds

Blink 182 first headliner

BalUGMOCMAA78Ht.jpg:large

Starting off with the big guns I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

AFAIK Blink are currently recording a new album so I presume it'll be out by then

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

leeds/reading is really dropping the last few years

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Blink still touring that woeful comeback album!?

oh, new album Summer 2014. Carry on.

I actually didnt think the album wasnt too bad , It def grew on me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I actually didnt think the album wasnt too bad , It def grew on me

Didn't like it at first either, still listen to 3 or 4 tracks off the album though. Their EP from last year was definitely an improvement

Reading & Leeds Fest
    Our next BIG line-up announcement will be on Monday 10th March from 7pm via @BBCR1 and @NME.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

As much as confirmed on twitter that the final headliner will be a co headlining slot.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    As much as confirmed on twitter that the final headliner will be a co headlining slot.

So QOTSA as one co headliner? Paramore would be a let down since they have subbed the last 2 times and are not any bigger

So QOTSA as one co headliner? Paramore would be a let down since they have subbed the last 2 times and are not any bigger

I would assume paramore with QOTSA.. Been rumoured since day one.
    Paramores latest did v.well in England, and sold out entire tour..
    I'd honestly place them as bigger atm..

Queen in the picture tweeted implies female lead singer too(due to all rest being kings)..

10002972_10151920359345738_733167219_n.png

10002972_10151920359345738_733167219_n.png

The queen implies female singer.. So paramore is a certainty then..

The queen implies female singer.. So paramore is a certainty then..

Or could mean Queens of the Stone Age?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I know co-headline has been done before but maybe it's brought in this year to accomodate Black Sabbath?? as they don't play two shows in a row. Queens of the Stone age are nailed on for this anyway.

• Advertisement

Or could mean Queens of the Stone Age?
    RT @Jon_RandL: About time leeds and reading had a female headliner? #RandL14 #InternationalWomensDay

plus the AM and Blink cards were both Kings..

Pretty sure it's QOTSA with Paramore.. with Qotsa to headline reading and paramore for leeds or vice versa..

Pretty shocking if it is.. complete lack of surprise.. been rumoured since last year finished that it's be these 4..

That or maybe a repeat of the monumentour (paramore and fall out boy co-headliner)

plus the AM and Blink cards were both Kings..

Pretty sure it's QOTSA with Paramore.. with Qotsa to headline reading and paramore for leeds or vice versa..

Pretty shocking if it is.. complete lack of surprise.. been rumoured since last year finished that it's be these 4..

That or maybe a repeat of the monumentour (paramore and fall out boy co-headliner)

Yea agree Paramore co headlining is pretty meh . FOB are not big enough to co headline especially after only playing last year

Yea agree Paramore co headlining is pretty meh . FOB are not big enough to co headline especially after only playing last year

Couple of rumblings on Twitter it's beyonce 'queen bee' and Jay Z..

Ugh it just gets worse..

Couple of rumblings on Twitter it's beyonce 'queen bee' and Jay Z..

Ugh it just gets worse..

That would be a seriously random booking for Reading and Leeds . You might get away with Jay since they had Eminem last year but Beyonce would not fit at Reading/Leeds

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

That would be a seriously random booking for Reading and Leeds . You might get away with Jay since they had Eminem last year but Beyonce would not fit at Reading/Leeds

At this stage with Leeds Reading I wouldnt be surprised, its shawdow of its former self with the line up this year and last

It wont be Jay z/beyonce. Qotsa are on 2 festival runs in Europe without a UK date yet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Mr.S wrote: »
    Blink still touring that woeful comeback album!?

oh, new album Summer 2014. Carry on.

lol :rolleyes:

I thought it would be 'woefull' bu it was better than i thought it would be and after a few listens it got better , but there was times i just wished tom would p*ss off with his space music

photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Want to see Queens but means I will have to endure Paramore live again. Damn this predicament!!

• Advertisement

Want to see Queens but means I will have to endure Paramore live again. Damn this predicament!!

If they alternate who plays last either day, myt try choose qotsa playing before paramore and get flight/sailrail home.

Advertisement