Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uk tax and job question.

Options
  • 27-11-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I started a job in london just over 2 mths ago, im back in ireland now as they opened a new office but while there i received my first pay and i was emergency taxed according to hr. Thing is i never provided them a national insurance number or got one while there. How can they tax me if im not linked to the hmrc? Is this common?

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

zweton wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I started a job in london just over 2 mths ago, im back in ireland now as they opened a new office but while there i received my first pay and i was emergency taxed according to hr. Thing is i never provided them a national insurance number or got one while there. How can they tax me if im not linked to the hmrc? Is this common?

Cheers:)

Ya they generate a temporary one until you get a proper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Ya they generate a temporary one until you get a proper one.

how do i find out the temporary one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'd say contacting HR at their UK office would be the easiest way.

I'm not sure whether you'd be able to claim back the tax without registering for an NI number though. Probably worth contacting HMRC about it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I assume i should have been printed on your pay slip.

Advertisement