Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cctv DVR remote access

Options
  • 27-11-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

I've an IC realtime DVR and I'm trying to setup remote access.
    I paid €25 for the IC app .
    I have a dynamic IP address and I can view the cameras while at home on the iPad but not when away . Can anyone walk me through setting this up properly ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What DNS service are you using to get over the dynamic IP?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Dyndns.com

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

OK so once that is set up on your router.
    Then forward the required ports to the internal IP address of the DVR.
    Then enter the dyndns domain as the IP/Domain
    The port(s) you are using
    Your user name & password as set on the DVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Dyndns.com
    Oooohh, something like this can be used for those with dynamic IP addresses?
    Cos I was always aware that to use remote CCTV monitoring, you need a static IP address(?).

No you don't need a fixed IP.
    In fact, many dvrs now support their own connection options without the need for you to set up any forwarding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement