Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Movies to DVD 4.7gb

Options
  • 27-11-2013 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

If I have 3 or 4 films on my Laptop and want to burn them to a DVD+R cd 120mins 4.7gb, what is the best software to use to do this, without compromising on picture and sound quality?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭stupid head

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

geeksauce wrote: »
    If I have 3 or 4 films on my Laptop and want to burn them to a DVD+R cd 120mins 4.7gb, what is the best software to use to do this, without compromising on picture and sound quality?

what format are they in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

ConvertXToDVD is really easy to use and will compress the movies so they fit on a single DVD.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

geeksauce wrote: »

You'll have to re-encode the videos which may result in quality loss, especially if you want to pack many on the one disc. DVD Flick is a free program which will convert different formats to DVD. ConvertX as mentioned above is very good but not free. DVDStyler is another free conversion tool

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

what do you want to play them in? if it's a regular dvd player, check to see if the dvd player is divx compatible as it may play them in the format that they are already in, so you can just use your regular dvd burning software to burn them in their current format as a data dvd.

this will also work if you just want to be able to play them on your laptop but free up space on your hard disk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

yoyo wrote: »
    You'll have to re-encode the videos which may result in quality loss, especially if you want to pack many on the one disc. DVD Flick is a free program which will convert different formats to DVD. ConvertX as mentioned above is very good but not free. DVDStyler is another free conversion tool

Nick

Got dvdflick and is working perfect, cheers, tried convertxtodvd but the watermark on the free version is too annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

I have been using DVD Flick to encode a number of films and to create dvd's but am now wondering if I can create new dvd's using the already encoded files. For example the first DVD would have had films 1, 2 and 3, the second DVD would have had films A, B and C.

So say I wanted to create a third DVD using films 1, B and 2 can I do this using DVD Flick and using the .VOB files of the converted films, also if this is possible can a menu be added to the third DVD?

Advertisement