Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What lbs bow should I get

• 27-11-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I'm interested in buying a bow and wondering what lbs I should get I'm 13 years old and I'm pretty strong for my age I have a 20 lbs from when I was younger and I find that too weak and easy to draw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

At 13, you really shouldn't be drawing any more than 20 - 25lbs as your muscles are still developing and you could do yourself a serious injury. Ask your parents to take you along to a club and they'll look after you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sean2247

Ok thanks for the info Ill look for a club

• Registered Users Posts: 15 breebutterfly

Sean2247 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the info Ill look for a club

Yes find a club. Are you left or right eye dominant. In our club teenagers are not allowed shoot more than 22lbs. Until the coaches advise upping the poundage. The main thing is that you have perfect form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sean2247

I'm right eye dominant but I dunno the bow I have has no power and just seems to weak

• Registered Users Posts: 15 breebutterfly

Sean2247 wrote: »
    I'm right eye dominant but I dunno the bow I have has no power and just seems to weak

If you're ever in the waterford area. Call in to us at na laoch dall. We have bows from 12lbs upwards. Some of our bigger teanagers shooting over a year are on 28lbs. It depends ob your drawlength as well. My daughter shoots 18lb limbs but with her short draw length on the bow scales she is pulling only 11lbs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement