Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ETCI regs

Options
  • 27-11-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi im looking to have a look at the new regs , my brother in law is buying a new house and i havnt looked at the regs in about 10 years as i changed fields . Anyone have them on PDF ???

The points i need to clarify are

Imersion switch in airing cubbard
    Height of fuse board
    Bath room fan isolator height and location
    Isolation for fridge and dish washer in kitchen ???

If anyone near blanch has a copy they could lend me for an hr i would be greatful or alternativly anyone with it in PDF format would be grately appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

immersion switch outside

distribution board is 2-25 max to top of board

don't think there's a height specified for fan isolator switches--usually outside bathroom

appliances in kitchen need isolation switch at 400-1600mm high if the socket is inaccessible

no pdf of rules..you have to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Thanks tom from my "google" research thats what i was picking up , some of the stuff is asteticly unpleasing , all the isolator switches in the kitch make it look untidy , and the imersion on the landing also .

Thanks for the clarifacation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

RCBO for the bathroom lights too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

superg wrote: »
    RCBO for the bathroom lights too.

unless they're outside zones or selv

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

does anybody know of any other new rules as i too am thinking of buying a house and would like to know

what rating would the rcbo be for the bathroom, b6 30ma ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

A 6Amp or 10Amp RCBO would do fine.

For sockets that require a Isolation switch (Under counter for dryer) Must this be within 2m of the dryer same rule for fixed appliances?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Anyone know if this has been changed?

Advertisement