Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WE vs KWA Glock

• 27-11-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Thinking about getting a G19 or G17 but which is better WE or KWA?
    Looking for accuracy and good gas efficiency.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I know its not on your list but have you considered a TM gen3 glock model 17?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

Thought about it but was kinda put off by the plastic slide. Do you have any experience with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

If your looking for accuracy and gas efficiency then you need to add to your list http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=441&category_id=85&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 IMO out of the box it is the most accurate and gas efficient pistol on the market for under €200. I have a WE G18C generation 3 and love it but there is no comparison. I have no experience with KWA pistols but most WE's are just Tokyo Marui copies which is no bad thing especially if you are on a budget but a copy is still not as good as the original. The range and accuracy of the average TM pistol has to be experienced to be appreciated, they really are that good.....

SuperBlu26 wrote: »
    Thought about it but was kinda put off by the plastic slide. Do you have any experience with them?

Dont be put off by the plastic slide, it makes the gun more effecient less prone to cool down, and slightly faster cycling time.
    Over the years ive owned about 5 kwa glocks and 1 tm. I have used a we a fair bit but the tm has been the best, for range, accurecy and reistance to the cold.

As mentioned the 5-7 is a serious pistol for out of the box performance, easily the second best pistol i have ever owned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to go for the 5-7, seems to be the best overall pistol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

thermo wrote: »
    Dont be put off by the plastic slide, it makes the gun more effecient less prone to cool down, and slightly faster cycling time.
    Over the years ive owned about 5 kwa glocks and 1 tm. I have used a we a fair bit but the tm has been the best, for range, accurecy and reistance to the cold.

What was your thoughts on the KWA ones?

TM a little out of my price range.

I'm discounting WE on account of previously having a pistol of theirs that was bollox, and they were for a long time piss poor. Hear their new generation are decent, but will take some performance to bring me back onside.

KWA 17 glocks look right in my price range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

I love my kwa g17. I got it secondhand and it is pretty reliable. If anything ever was wrong it is usually a simple quick fix.
    Don't fill mags to the max, leave one or two out. I found if I filled them too much they didn't feed right and it would take a few shots to feed properly.
    I got the co2 ratech mag and really like it. Snappy shots, lots of shots per refill and it still shoots pretty close to the joule so you don't lose power in exchange for better gas efficiency.

I find the glock is pretty accurate and far reaching for a pistol and the gas efficiency on the green gas will allow for some quick firing if the situation demands it. But try to dump a full mag outdoors and it isn't guaranteed to keep up. Indoors it can certainly get a few long bursts until empty.

TheDoc wrote: »
    What was your thoughts on the KWA ones?

TM a little out of my price range.

I'm discounting WE on account of previously having a pistol of theirs that was bollox, and they were for a long time piss poor. Hear their new generation are decent, but will take some performance to bring me back onside.

KWA 17 glocks look right in my price range

kwa's are ok they get the job done, but the tm imo is far more accurate with greater range.
    if your looking to avoid the new we's maybe have a look at an "army" brand one, afaik they are fully tm compatible so you have a host of aftermarket parts that you can use, plus they are cheap as chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have had both KWA Glock 17 and 18C there not a bad pistol at all ,
    Slightly long trigger pull where you can pull the trigger back a few mils and release again ,not to everyone's liking
    Hop up is a bit finicky which on the kwa needs a tool to adjust and with that the hop up looses its setting fairly quick for my liking ,
    The WE seems ok on paper it's now on its 6/7 generation in less than 18 months seems to be ever evolving pistol for the company

• Advertisement
Advertisement