Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance Query

Options
  • 27-11-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Last August My Mother,got a House Insurance Renewal but she asked me to see if i could get a better price on the house insurance,

I made enquiries and did manage to get a better price of an Insurance Company

So i rang the Insurance Broker she was with to see if they could do a better price and the guy did his sums etc but said that he could not come down on his original quote which i told him that i was getting a better price and if he could not do better she would not be renewing the insurance.

After about a month she got a phone call from the Borker and she said that i had got a better quote , and they said would i ring them, which i did and told them we were not going to renew this.

But Today She recieved almost two months later the following wording

Final Reminder

This Policy lapsed on the due date 18-9-2013 and therefore , if reinstatement is required it will be necessary to let us have settlement remittance within the next seven days.

Is this bully boy tactics, She is an Oap and was quite upset .

What should i do now , and can i report this company for such tactics ?

Thanks in Advance Guys and Gals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

They've advised that the cover is lapsed but you can get it back if you wish by paying the premium. It's persistence if anything but not bully boy tactics. They're not saying your mother owes them anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

another insurer now

Advertisement