Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Fixing in UK

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

DJ Campbell (Blackburn) has just been arrested in this investigation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Game fixed in the Championship apparently?

Won't be long until a Premiership game is proven to have been fixed

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If he is guilty, wonder if he'd spill the beans on other players in involved

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I know I am jumping to all sorts here, but I am hoping Campbell is somehow involved through an Indian betting ring directly linked to Venkys which allows the club to get rid of them.

One can dream.

• I remember him on Match of the Day as an analyst. Couldn't stop fidgeting and looked a little scary, like he had just escaped from prison.

Somebody should compile a list of all these dodgy geezers. I'd have Marlon King and Nile Ranger up front with DJ in the "hole". Grobbelaar as the keeper. Keith Gillespie on the wing. Sam Sodje in whatever position he gets sent off from (totally randomly of course and not at all when the odds are tasty).

Any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Match and spot fixing is rife in football, Im not certain of the level it is at in the UK but in the Eastern European countries and Batic region it is widespread and is what I look for when making bets on those games. South America is another great example of a continent rife with fixing. You can spot a lot of them by simply checking the odds on something when the book is opened, then keeping an eye on it throughout the week until the game, some major swings that can be taken advantage of if you have the time and patience to watch

Unless your in on the fix though it is obviously not a perfect science and sometimes you will get burnt, I do admit though, backing in Estonia/Latvia/Belarus/Argentina etc has been profitable for me over the last 3 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

kryogen wrote: »
    Match and spot fixing is rife in football, Im not certain of the level it is at in the UK but in the Eastern European countries and Batic region it is widespread and is what I look for when making bets on those games. South America is another great example of a continent rife with fixing. You can spot a lot of them by simply checking the odds on something when the book is opened, then keeping an eye on it throughout the week until the game, some major swings that can be taken advantage of if you have the time and patience to watch

Unless your in on the fix though it is obviously not a perfect science and sometimes you will get burnt, I do admit though, backing in Estonia/Latvia/Belarus/Argentina etc has been profitable for me over the last 3 years

South America is a bit different, odds movement there is usually caused by team news breaking. Some teams prioritise cups over the league, etc...

Only last week there was a fix in Turkey, with one of the biggest Turkish sides involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

getting closer to the premiership now. one might think it would be less likely with the large sums of money already paid to premiership players but i'm waiting for a ref to get caught.

South America is a bit different, odds movement there is usually caused by team news breaking. Some teams prioritise cups over the league, etc...

Only last week there was a fix in Turkey, with one of the biggest Turkish sides involved.

The odds shift isn't specifically for South America, its a decent barometer for all the leagues I watch, sometimes the odds swing from one team to another the night before the game, then back in the hours leading up to kick off, it makes for fascinating tracking actually.

Why don't you name names btw? Whats the point?

All you have to say is you suspect that x fixed a game against y last week

Is there a rule against naming clubs like? You make me hesitant to name the ones I know fix games on a regular basis, particularly coming to the end of seasons

• Advertisement

getting closer to the premiership now. one might think it would be less likely with the large sums of money already paid to premiership players but i'm waiting for a ref to get caught.

Not all Prem players are on huge money either

kryogen wrote: »
    The odds shift isn't specifically for South America, its a decent barometer for all the leagues I watch, sometimes the odds swing from one team to another the night before the game, then back in the hours leading up to kick off, it makes for fascinating tracking actually.

Why don't you name names btw? Whats the point?

All you have to say is you suspect that x fixed a game against y last week

Is there a rule against naming clubs like? You make me hesitant to name the ones I know fix games on a regular basis, particularly coming to the end of seasons

Galatasary in the League last week!

Galatasary in the League last week!

Never heard that. Any link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sam Sodje, Akpo Sodje, Steven Sodje, Ian Goodison, Cristian Montano and DJ Campbell confirmed as six people arrested.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Never heard that. Any link?

Thing is you won't hear about it, you keep tabs on the odds pre-game/in-play and on forums pre-game. 82nd minute, odds had barely moved and Gala get a penalty. 1-0 and odds don't shift much, 2-0 and then the odds plummet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You only have to look at exchanges to see where the fixing is

• Advertisement

You only have to look at exchanges to see where the fixing is

A good bit of the time that doesn't work, I've seen matches where matches have been hammered on the odds inplay only for it to switch mid-match. Happened in Canada this season for example, obviously a tactical idea by the fixers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A good bit of the time that doesn't work, I've seen matches where matches have been hammered on the odds inplay only for it to switch mid-match. Happened in Canada this season for example, obviously a tactical idea by the fixers.

I was referring to what you just said also. You would be fool to jump right in just cause odds tumble on 1 team

Odds have to tumble somewhere and they do. People get wind of it and back them, only for the bet to be the opposite.

It easy know which matches are fixed. Just matter of which way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Now there is a league where you can take it for granted most results are known beforehand, the csl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Jim'll fix it.

inforfun wrote: »
    Now there is a league where you can take it for granted most results are known beforehand, the csl.

Believe me, I know...

601512_713651785315558_521710556_n.jpg

Gutted that League is dissolved now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

DJ Campell has released a statement "I'm a 100% innocent and hope to play in our draw with millwall on Saturday"

Advertisement