Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to hire childminder/nanny

Options
  • 27-11-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi. We have 2 children in crèche but would like to get a nanny or childminder to come to our home instead. I was going to search online myself but came across some agencies. Their fees are extremely high but they promise to find great candidates. I'd love to know if anyone has used an agency to find their childminder and did it work out? Thanks a mil. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I have never used an agency.

I think there are lots of people who are qualified in childcare available to mind children if you just search your self.

I found my childminder on rollercoaster or schooldays.

Do you know that if you employ the childmider in your own home it is a lot more expensive and you have to pay his/ her prší and other relevant taxes? If it is in their home you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Thanks rosebuds.yes I remember that put me off the last time and we went with crèche but I really want the convenience of having someone coming to the house. Thanks for the tips!! Think will look myself the agency fee is about 3 grand!!! Ridiculous.

Advertisement