Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Grace

Options
  • 27-11-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Well

Anyone riding a Phil Grace board? Whats it like? I've heard they're real, REAL easy to ding.

Le Blanc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Do you mean one of these, what are you after?

http://www.bigsurf.ie/shop/surf/quiksilver-custom-surfboards/qs-grace-longboard/63-95-266

Personally I don't like the shape but each to their own. The price is a bit steep. I've a costom on order from westbay for a lot less and any Irish shaper should be able to beat that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

All depends on the thinkness of the glass job, high performance boards tend to have light glass jobs making them better at catching waves and more responsive, down side to that is that they are easier to ding

All depends on what your after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

that's an expensive longboard alright and doesn't include the artwork.
    def good value in a custom shaped locally in ireland compared to that
    i've not ridden one or know anyone who has so can't comment on the performance.
    my current longboard has a very thinned out tail (pin) and is surprisingly manoeuverable on bigger waves

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

That's my kind of board :D

should get you into a world of trouble, we'll ware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

got a 9'6" phil grace log once as a present. think it was about 650e new. POS. dinged so easily, had a slight delam underneath at the tail after a few months and was generally disappointing. I found it grand to get into a wave but hard to do anything else other than down the line and a shuffle up or down. It had a rounded thumb tail and 50/50 rails, no nose concave. The price of that board would get you a nice 2nd hand Bing or something Irish with change and you'd have a much better time on it.

Advertisement