Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amy 'dont call me a WAG' Huberman

• 27-11-2013 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Did anyone else see the piece on Amy Huberman not wanting to be a WAG in todays herald? totally get the whole making a name for herself and all that but lately anything I ve seen/heard from her tends to be along the lines of not wanting to talk about motherhood(get the privacy issues she may have regards the child but BOD mentions the baby a fair bit) and now the latest saying she doesn't want to be known as 'mrs brian o driscoll' Huge fan of hers but being in the public eye means that people will be interested in her marriage/baby etc....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

I always thought she was really nice, pleasant and genuine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Did anyone else see the piece on Amy Huberman not wanting to be a WAG in todays herald? totally get the whole making a name for herself and all that but lately anything I ve seen/heard from her tends to be along the lines of not wanting to talk about motherhood(get the privacy issues she may have regards the child but BOD mentions the baby a fair bit) and now the latest saying she doesn't want to be known as 'mrs brian o driscoll' Huge fan of hers but being in the public eye means that people will be interested in her marriage/baby etc....

She is a person in her own right and has a career that was established (or at least well on the way to being so) before she married Brian. She doesn't trade on his name and in the USA (where she had tried to make it on a few tv shows) Brian wouldn't be well known.
    To be fair to her she comes across as a nice person whose husband happens to be famous. They are a nice couple who don't divulge every detail of their lives which is nice. They are first time parents to a little baby and are finding their way with that.
    I think she is allowed and entitled to her privacy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

This is the second thread you've started here of this nature.

Do you have some sort of issue with 'Wags'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

She doesn't trade on his name .

Unless she's blagging a royal wedding invite!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Addle wrote: »
    Unless she's blagging a royal wedding invite!!!

Was this comment intended to get a rise from people, or do you actually consider it blagging?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Was this comment intended to get a rise from people, or do you actually consider it blagging?

No such intention.
    I know if my other half was invited to an event, and I as his guest, I wouldn't go to said event without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Always a great place to visit, when I bring the kids round trick or treating, she always shows up with a big smile and plenty of treats!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭wishinonastar

No issue with 'WAGS' or anything of the sort xzanti....do take issue though re people harking back to other threads of posted on. Didn't think it was against the rules to have threads on the same topic? have an interest in popular culture and like to pick up on whats being spoken about in the media.

Anyways, I AM an Amy fan. Met her and found her to be lovely. Fair play to them not to divulge every aspect of their lives. Just felt over the last few weeks most pieces I ve read about her tend to be her giving out about being called a WAG (ooops there I go again;) . Instead of doing that why not actually speak about her career??

Advertisement