Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel: Fire at Topaz Dock Road Limerick

13»

Comments

I think he means the station is back open again (don't think he read the earlier posts).

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think he means the station is back open again (don't think he read the earlier posts).

I did. I just forgot them. :D Station is open, no idea about parcel motel.

Lads this is in operation again. I've been using Parcel Connect since last November but for nostalgia stakes I checked out the Parcel Motel website this morning.

Lo and behold it said there was a locker at Casey's Centra on the Dock Road. Now I went to Casey's Centra and they told me they didn't do Parcel Motel inside (at the counter) or outside (lockers).

So I went back up to the old Topaz where the fire was and there were the lockers with the touch screen working!!! Bye bye Parcel Connect!! :D 55c cheaper and no human element is great for an introvert like myself! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Changing back from Chawkes finally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    Changing back from Chawkes finally!

We won't miss you clogger uppers around Christmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

This is off topic but I am new to parcel motel and I bought handbag recently in uk and they refused to use it. Is this new or is it a way of not using parcel motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

maryk123 wrote: »
    This is off topic but I am new to parcel motel and I bought handbag recently in uk and they refused to use it. Is this new or is it a way of not using parcel motel.

I've heard of Amazon DE refusing to use it and we believed it was because it was being shipped there using DPD.

Did they give you a reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Just a heads up for anyone looking to switch back; they've corrected it on the dropdown list from "Casey's Centra" to "Dock Road Topaz" (without any indication as to the city :rolleyes:).

Happy days. No more Condell Road trips to collect my parcels.

Actually it was always that on the drop down list. However on the home page if you clicked "About Parcel Motel" and then "Locations" then "Casey's Centra" would pop up......but that was before I sent them an email telling them it was incorrect! The poor lass in Casey's Centra gave me the impression she was fed up of getting asked so I sent PM an email...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Beer baron
    They said delivery address is a forwarding company and they were unable to deliver to this address. Interesting they accepted the order. Delivery was 8 sterling. So it's gone to ups now to deliver I will see what they charge when I get it tuesday. I had to email and give my home address.

• Advertisement
Advertisement