Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use truffles

Options
  • 27-11-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

Got a fantastic gift of a jar containing 5 black truffles from Italy.

The person kindly got me the gift as they know I like to cook, but truffles are outside my limited knowledge.

I know they can be shaved into omelettes or mashed potatoes, but I am not sure as to how much truffle you would add. Would anybody have any other ideas, recipes or advice on how to get best use out of truffles.

I am also worried that when I open the jar ( they are stored in a liquid) how long can the remaining truffles be kept for.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Get one and put it in an egg carton with six eggs, wrap in cling film, and leave in the fridge for a day. The flavour will permeate in to the eggs and you'll have lovely truffled scrambled eggs or omelette without even using the truffle

Advertisement