Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight! America After Dark with Dory!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

hey. great reading as already said.

for us uneducated why Dory Dory ?
    fav Christmas movies?
    real tree or artificial?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Not much pointing having a target on my back when you are a mile ahead of me after the swim :(

1) Like a lot of paddies I would hope to bring the kids to Florida when they are older and do the theme parks. I was always looking forward to seeing Seaworld myself but having watched a recent documentary about Orca/trainer tragedies, cover ups, collapsed dorsal fins, separating of pods, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth. What would be your opinion overall of Zoos, aquariums etc, a necessary evil for educational purposes or the devil incarnate.

2) How are those Cheetahs - do you still see them and have you raced them yet

3) Have you visited any other European countries, what capital city and what tourist attraction would you like to see

4) Have you ever watched an episode of Father Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

BennyMul wrote: »
    hey. great reading as already said.

for us uneducated why Dory Dory ?
    fav Christmas movies?
    real tree or artificial?

Hey BM! ;)

Why Dory Dory - from the movie Finding Nemo....Dory is a fish....I swim....and it's Dory Dory and not Dory only because Dory was already taken on Boards!

Fave Christmas movie - who does't love the classic feel-good holiday film, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? But honestly, my fave Christmas "show" is A Charlie Brown Christmas, followed by Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

I prefer a real tree.

catweazle wrote: »
    Not much pointing having a target on my back when you are a mile ahead of me after the swim :(

1) Like a lot of paddies I would hope to bring the kids to Florida when they are older and do the theme parks. I was always looking forward to seeing Seaworld myself but having watched a recent documentary about Orca/trainer tragedies, cover ups, collapsed dorsal fins, separating of pods, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth. What would be your opinion overall of Zoos, aquariums etc, a necessary evil for educational purposes or the devil incarnate.

2) How are those Cheetahs - do you still see them and have you raced them yet

3) Have you visited any other European countries, what capital city and what tourist attraction would you like to see

4) Have you ever watched an episode of Father Ted

Ah now, don't sell yourself short, cw. Plus, you'd be a riot to race with!!

1) Zoos - I struggle myself with this one. I think there are some bad facilities out there that inappropriately (and unnecessarily) house animals. I've been to one or two of them, and they can make my blood boil. However, there are also a slew of amazing and legitimate research/conservation/education centers that do some pretty incredible things in the best manner possible, and it is those facilities I feel are invaluable to us as a global society. Biodiversity is important to us all (whether or not everyone realizes that), and one of the best vehicles of that are zoos because of their appeal to the public, ability to educate, opportunity to create awareness, access to scientific resources, and potential to implement change.

2) Cheetahs - they are very well indeed!!! I had the great fortune to visit with them just a few months ago. :) Nick, the 2 year old male cheetah who was hand raised at the Smithsonian Research Center, is still as adorable as ever and still purrs when he approaches you. Talk about an ambassador!!!

3) Other European countries, and what capital city and what tourist attraction would I like to see - I have been to Germany and Austria, that's it other than Ireland. I would like to visit South Africa and some of the neighboring countries one day. And as far as tourist attraction, the only one I can think of at this moment is "O" Crique du Soleil.

4) Father Ted - no, I have never seen an episode of Father Ted. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Oh my god we have to introduce you to fr ted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Oryx wrote: »
    Oh my god we have to introduce you to fr ted. :)

Small.... far away....
    Small.... far away....

tunney wrote: »
    Small.... far away....
    Small.... far away....

You are either describing me or an episode of Father Ted.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    You are either describing me or an episode of Father Ted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not sure I should be visiting this thread after that Coors comment... :mad:

Raconteurs, or the White Stripes?
    Ever have a transcendental moment while swimming?
    When are you going to hit the trails again and share more photos?
    Triathlon on the tellybox, or ice-hockey?
    Does it feel like cheating, when you put on a wetsuit?
    Any skiing near Luray?
    How come you've never seen an episode of Fr Ted?

Not sure I should be visiting this thread after that Coors comment... :mad:

Raconteurs, or the White Stripes?
    Ever have a transcendental moment while swimming?
    When are you going to hit the trails again and share more photos?
    Triathlon on the tellybox, or ice-hockey?
    Does it feel like cheating, when you put on a wetsuit?
    Any skiing near Luray?
    How come you've never seen an episode of Fr Ted?

Hi Krusty!! :D Coors, I know. I was ashamed to even admit to that. :o:(

Raconteurs or White Stripes - :eek: that's like asking a parent which child is their favorite. !!! I love them both....I love anything Jack is in (except maybe that thing he did with Loretta Lynn - what was that?? <gag>)....but let me answer your question this way - I listen to the Raconteurs' album Consolers of the Lonely probably more frequently than any other album, followed by Jack's Blunderbuss, then the White Stripes' Icky Thump....but that doesn't mean I prefer the Raconteurs over the White Stripes as I totally love the edginess of the White Stripes.

Have I had a transcendental moment while swimming - I assume you are talking more spiritual and less mathematical, however I do plenty of math in my head while swimming. But, spiritual....um, I'm not so sure I would go so far to say I have ever had a transcendental moment while swimming, but swimming long sets in my pool can feel spiritual in its own way.

When am I going to hit the trails again and show more photos - heck, all you have to do is ask!!! :D I'll see what I can do for you....maybe this will lure you to come visit!!!

Triathlon on the tellybox, or ice hockey - ice hockey. :)

Does it feel like cheating when I put on a wetsuit - no, it feels really buoyant and slimming! Plus, the sleeveless version makes you feel really buff. ;)

Any skiing near Luray - yep! Massanutten ski resort is about 45 minutes away. It's not like skiing out west, trust me, but it is handy and pretty fun.

How come I've never seen an episode of Father Ted - because I'm over here, and the show is over there....and I was not aware of its existence or the necessity for me to watch, but I may have to seek it out now!!

• Advertisement

What do you want for Christmas?

What do you want for Christmas?

A bubble for my pool so I can swim year round would be amazing (pleasepleaseplease Santy Clause...) :D , but I'll be happy with anything cycling related - clothes/gear/good quality sunglasses/power meter because as it stands I'm having to use some of my winter running gear to cover my body and keep me warm on the bike, and I'm wearing cheap Walmart glasses to protect my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Are you a fan of Winter Sports?
    Are you looking forward to the Winter Olympics?
    If so, how do you think team USA will do?
    Personally I'd love to see Bode medal. He's a joy to watch :cool:

pgibbo wrote: »
    Are you a fan of Winter Sports?
    Are you looking forward to the Winter Olympics?
    If so, how do you think team USA will do?
    Personally I'd love to see Bode medal. He's a joy to watch :cool:

Hi P! :)

Am I a fan of winter sports - yes!!!

Am I looking forward to the Winter Olympics - absolutely! Love seeing the best athletes in the world compete anytime of the year and on any surface imaginable. It's the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat thing....the who and what it takes to get to that level....and then the putting it all on the line for that one moment in time. As an athlete, if all that doesn't inpire you, nothing will.

How do I think team USA will do - we never do as well in the Winter Olympics as we do in the Summer Olympics, but I think we might snag a few more medals than team Ireland. ;)

Bode - Boooo-deee!!! Yep, agreed. He's been around forever too, which I love - reminds us "seasoned" folks to keep doing what we love and what makes us happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

1. Oh please, will you do my taxes ... please ?

2. Is it easier to come to the tri world from a swimming background than from a running background ? In other words is it easier to get into running (especially as an adult) than swimming ?

3. Other than lessons, what the best way into swimming as an adult ?

3. Do you find that swimming helps hurts running ? My "swimming" is pathetic but after six months of daily swimming and no running I am finding breathing while running seems very shallow.
    Did not swim in college - was burned out, needed a break, and wanted to focus on what I was going to be when I grew up.

4 What would you have done differently to keep the enthusiasm going. Supplementary question - why do swimmers seem to peak so early in age ?

5. When did you have the 'ah ha' moment running - the time when it clicked and you thought I like this and could be pretty decent.
    I'm a hippie chick deep down inside - Democrat all the way.

6. Congrats on your governors race. We're stuck with Christie. At least we can try to keep him from being POTUS.

7. Mrs P want to know if she can come down and work with (i.e pet) the animals. Except the snakes, she's afraid of snakes.

8 Father Ted Hard to beat this:

pgmcpq wrote: »
    1. Oh please, will you do my taxes ... please ?

2. Is it easier to come to the tri world from a swimming background than from a running background ? In other words is it easier to get into running (especially as an adult) than swimming ?

3. Other than lessons, what the best way into swimming as an adult ?

3. Do you find that swimming helps hurts running ? My "swimming" is pathetic but after six months of daily swimming and no running I am finding breathing while running seems very shallow.

4 What would you have done differently to keep the enthusiasm going. Supplementary question - why do swimmers seem to peak so early in age ?

5. When did you have the 'ah ha' moment running - the time when it clicked and you thought I like this and could be pretty decent.

6. Congrats on your governors race. We're stuck with Christie. At least we can try to keep him from being POTUS.

7. Mrs P want to know if she can come down and work with (i.e pet) the animals. Except the snakes, she's afraid of snakes.

8 Father Ted Hard to beat this:

So glad that my "moral decline" didn't keep you away from this little Q&A session. ;)

1. Will I do your taxes - the short answer is no. :)

2. Is it easier to learn to run as an adult than learn to swim as an adult - in my opinion it is so much easier to learn to run as an adult than learn to swim as an adult. Swimming requires coordination, flexibility, strength, and timing all the while being comfortable in an unnatural environment (water), all of which is easier learned when very young. If you think about it, running is just a variation of walking - something we learned eons ago and do every day.

3. Other than lessons, what is the best way into swimming as an adult - I am a big advocate of personal instruction when it comes to swimming, so you can read all the books and watch all the videos, but there really is no replacement for some one-on-one in the pool. However, if you really insist on avoiding lessons but have read a few books and watched a few videos, then I would say focus on freestyle and break it down - work on your kick with a kickboard and/or fins....and work on your stroke with a pull buoy. Isolate the individual parts of the whole to make it easier to master, then try and put it all together. With so many moving parts, swimming is not easy. As my mom would say, sink or swim!!!!

3. Do I find swimming helps or hurts running - I think some of the benefits of swimming can carry over into running...specifically the cardiovascular benefits. However, generally speaking, swimming and running rely on different muscle groups...and swimming can add bulk to the body, which may not be a welcome byproduct for the endurance runner. But, I do think there are many benefits to cross training (from preventing boredom...to asking the body to use more of itself...to injury prevention...to longevity in sport), but if you want to get better as a runner (or swimmer or cyclist), then as ecoli once remarked to me, "there is no substitute for specificity."

4.a. What would I have done differently to keep the enthusiasm going - I don't know that I could have done anything differently to have accomplished all that I accomplished, as it is quite a competitive world out there. Plus, if you know me, then you know I pretty much apply 100% of myself to whatever I am doing (case in point: look at how ridiculously long some of my answers are to some of these questions! :o), so burnout was probably inevitable, as was my need to experience a taste of "normalcy" and focus on what I wanted to study and how I was going to earn a living to pay for the lap pool and trips to Ireland that would eventually occur.

4.b. Why do swimmers seem to peak so early in age - I actually think there is a trend now of swimmers staying in the game and peaking later. However, to answer your question, I think the following may contribute to the appearance of swimmers peaking at a comparatively young age: 1) Swimming at a high level requires oodles and oodles of time...and that oodles and oodles of time is spent in a pool, swimming up and down the same lane looking at a black line. The monopoly of time and boredom factors. 2) Swimming year round means you belong to at least one club/team 12 months out of the year, and that costs money. The expense factor. 3) Swimming competitively includes consecutive weekends of competition for months in a row at various times of the year. The intensity factor. 4) Swimming does not tend to offer much in the way of financial reward or earning a living to pay for your club fees/travel costs/food bills/etc. The lack of financial incentive factor. 5) Generally speaking, there may be some merit to the theory that developmental changes that start to occur in the body during our teenage years hinder the performance of a swimmer - such as body mass/body fat, flexibility, and speed of turnover. The getting old sucks factor.

5. When did I have my "ah ha" moment and thought I could be decent at running - hmmm...perhaps honestly not until a few on boards here gave me praise and encouragement. (thank you :))

6. Governor's race - yes...thank god!! Cuccinelli is "Robin" to Governor Ultrasound's "Batman". Scary stuff, especially if you are a woman...or someone who loves women and our rights as a woman.

7. Mrs. P - she is always welcome to come and work/visit/pet the animals!! I even know a cheetah named Nick who would be delighted to meet her. :)

8. Father Ted and lingerie - Oh. My. God. That was too funny! I especially love the strategically placed and suggestively posed mannequins. The entire clinic here has gotten a good laugh today!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

but I'll be happy with anything cycling related - clothes/gear/good quality sunglasses/power meter because as it stands I'm having to use some of my winter running gear to cover my body and keep me warm on the bike, and I'm wearing cheap Walmart glasses to protect my eyes.

Ah christ he is on to you already about a power meter - I always at least could rely on no mentions of FTP in your log :(

1) What has been your favourite place (outside of Achill) so far in Ireland on your travels

2) What did your hubby think of you heading off over to Dublin to meet people who you have only ever met on the Internet - has he tried to reciprocate by visiting Russian bride websites?

3) You are doing Eagleman next year - 40 slots to the 70.3 worlds in Quebec and 30 slots to Kona - would you go if you qualified?

4) Look away Jackyback - would you take a roll down spot?

5) When do you next go up an age grade?

6) Do you think Ireland plays the drink card too often as regards tourism - what were your first impressions when you see Obama and Michelle with Guinness mustaches and holding up pints on their visit here

Question two just there made me giggle so much I'm being stared at now. :)

Is your Christmas Tree up yet?

Do you rehome stray animals?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Did you have a childhood nickname?

How long can you hold a plank for after reading this? :D

Were you a faster swimmer than interested in your peak?

NFL Fan? If so, who will win the Superbowl in Feb?

Could you swig an entire bottle of Maple Syrup?

catweazle wrote: »
    Ah christ he is on to you already about a power meter - I always at least could rely on no mentions of FTP in your log :(

1) What has been your favourite place (outside of Achill) so far in Ireland on your travels

2) What did your hubby think of you heading off over to Dublin to meet people who you have only ever met on the Internet - has he tried to reciprocate by visiting Russian bride websites?

3) You are doing Eagleman next year - 40 slots to the 70.3 worlds in Quebec and 30 slots to Kona - would you go if you qualified?

4) Look away Jackyback - would you take a roll down spot?

5) When do you next go up an age grade?

6) Do you think Ireland plays the drink card too often as regards tourism - what were your first impressions when you see Obama and Michelle with Guinness mustaches and holding up pints on their visit here

:D No...no, cw, his is not on to me about a power meter. It was actually my idea - you know, trying to hang with the big boys and all that - but I don't even know what "FTP" stands for (let alone means!), which drives home even deeper the fact that I am not qualified to have one in my possession. Rest easy that you can still come and visit my log sans of any power meter mumbo jumbo. :)

1) Favorite place outside Achill - gosh, I totally love Connemara (how do you beat Ballynahinch) (in fact, I could probably live there) and I may have to go with Connemara as my favorite place outside Achill, but close seconds would have to be Dingle and Kinsale.

2) What did hubby think of me heading off to Dublin to meet people I have only met on the internet...and has he tried to reciprocate by visiting Russian bride websites - :D oh, you funny boy. Well, I had already met some of these internet peeps (as did he) on our last visit to Ireland, so not all of them were technically "strangers"....and, I was also able to met up with some family on this visit, so there was blood involved too. As far as Russian bride websites....unless I see any Rosetta Stone "Russian for idiots" paraphernalia around, I think I can breathe easy. ;)

3) Eagleman....40 slots to 70.3 Worlds in Quebec and 30 slots to Kona....would I go if I qualified - absolutely I would go, to either. But you are a very bad boy, catweazle, as you and I both know the competition is fierce, my bike skills/speed sucks, and I am way too new at this sport to be thinking in terms of qualifying for either of those events at this time. But thanks for planting the seed. ;)

4) Would I take a roll down spot - I don't totally understand the roll down thing, but I think it means if an athlete that qualified for either Worlds or Kona does not take that qualifying slot, then it rolls down to the next eligible athlete in that age and gender. So...would I take a slot that rolled down to me? Hell yeah. Why not?? I may never get another chance ever again in my life. Shoot, I say grab that opportunity and run with it. I see no shame in it. It's in the same vein as "who shows up on the day" if you think about it...only, they showed up. Maybe I'd feel differently if I were in my 20s, but I'm not, so I'd embrace that slot like it was all my own. :)

5) When do I next go up in age grade - oh, cw, you are so transparent. ;):) Not for another few years.

6) Do I think Ireland plays the drink card too often as regards tourism....and what was my first impression when I saw the Prez and First Lady with Guinness mustaches - I'm not sure if it's Ireland playing the drink card or that tourists are too lazy in thought, but there is no doubt that Guinness is the symbol of Ireland from the perch across the pond. I don't see it as a bad thing if it benefits your economy. And I thought "well done" when I saw the First Couple with their pints and mustaches. :D

• Advertisement

Question two just there made me giggle so much I'm being stared at now. :)

Is your Christmas Tree up yet?

Do you rehome stray animals?

Yes, cw is a laugh a minute. ;)

My Christmas tree is NOT up yet, and won't be for another week or two. And I always take it down on New Year's Day.

We do rehome (funny word) some strays. We're a medical facility and not an adoption agency (we have an animal shelter in our county run by two former employees, so we have a good working relationship with them) but there are some situations that we handle ourselves to ensure proper placement of the animal for particular reasons and needs.

Did you have a childhood nickname?

How long can you hold a plank for after reading this? :D

Were you a faster swimmer than interested in your peak?

NFL Fan? If so, who will win the Superbowl in Feb?

Could you swig an entire bottle of Maple Syrup?

Childhood nickname - as a young kid I was called "Little Twist" by some. :)

How long can I hold a plank for after reading this - oh, I'm sipping on a Straw-ber-Rita margarita right now and am way too comfy to even consider trying. I'll try tomorrow and report back to you. Promise!!!

Was I a faster swimmer than interested in my peak - oh, I could have shamed him in backstroke, so I absolutely was faster than he ever dreamed of being in backstroke. :D

NFL fan.....who will win the Superbowl - yes, I am a fan....and the Seahawks looked pretty dang good last night, so I'm going with them!

Could I swig an entire bottle of Maple Syrup - no way! I would be a sticky mess trying for sure!!! ;)

It's been fun.....but it's time to pass the baton (and the microphone) to the next athlete. <test, test> Please, walk this way.....

Going, going, gone....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057098084

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

(I don't think there is any law against regurgitating these threads, so...)

From Abby:
    what age did you start swimming? How many hours a week at age 9? What was your favourite stroke? How fast could you do 50m FC age 9? How fast can you swim 50m FC now? And what's your best ever FC time? Same questions for backstroke too please.

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    (I don't think there is any law against regurgitating these threads, so...)

From Abby:
    what age did you start swimming? How many hours a week at age 9? What was your favourite stroke? How fast could you do 50m FC age 9? How fast can you swim 50m FC now? And what's your best ever FC time? Same questions for backstroke too please.

Hello Abby. :) I feel like I know you from all the eloquent writing by your proud papa on his log. Sounds like you are a natural in the water - a real fish with gills and a competitive streak. Good for you. ;)

I learned to swim very young - mom started taking me to the pool and getting me used to water before I was a year old. We were fortunate - we had a wonderful outdoor community pool in our neighborhood (with a 50 meter pool AND a 25 meter pool), and mom didn't work, so that meant that we (my brother and I) were pool rats each summer starting from the time we were in diapers. I probably had my first official swimming lesson around the age of 4, but I was swimming competitively on the summer team at the age of 6. :)

By the age of 9 I was swimming for an AAU team (year round), and we had practice every day after school for 60 minutes (I think it was 60 minutes and not 90 minutes at that young age). I honestly cannot remember if we had Saturday practices when I was that age, so I will estimate I swam in a structured and coached environment ~5 hours a week at the age of 9. But once I got into high school (age 13), the hours in the pool more than doubled. It was two 90 minute sessions a day (one 90 minute session before school, and one 90 minute session after school), and if we weren't traveling to a swim meet at the weekend, then we had 2 hours of practice on Saturdays. It's a huge commitment and a ton of work...it becomes your life.

My favorite stroke was my best stroke (of course!), which was backstroke. :)

How fast was my 50 meter freestyle at the age of 9?? Oh Abby, you are in luck darling...as I just so happen to have all my trophies and ribbons from my swimming days at my disposal. However, going through them now, I am reminded that for the most part, the only time I swam freestyle in meets was in various freestyle relays....so I am afraid I am out of luck for any official 50 meter free time when I was 9, but I did find a plaque from a divisional championship meet when I was 8 for 50 meter free with a time of 46.6 engraved on it.

How fast can I swim 50 meters freestyle right now?? Oh gosh....hmmm.....how about I get back to you on that in about a month as I do not currently have access to timing myself in the pool? My best guess would be somewhere north of 30 seconds (32-35??) if you gave me a block start and a swim cap, but let me get back to you on that as I really haven't a clue.

And my best ever 50 meter freestyle time? Another toughie since I did not typically swim that in meets...but it was a sub 30.

And for backstroke.....at age 9, I found a ribbon with the time of 45.1 on it for 50 meters.....and I haven't a clue what I could go right now (ugh, I shudder to think) but I can give it a shot in a month if you'd like.....and as far as my best back time ever, I found a plaque from a meet with the time of 32.4 stated on it for 50 meters back, so we'll go with that. :)

Hi Dory,
    Thanks for the reply. I think that your times were amazing!:) I can do 24sec for 25m front crawl, but I will get a lot faster. I train 3 or 4 hours a week, and I love swimming. ;)
    from Abby:D

I love that Abby is posting here by proxy. So sweet. :)

I love that Abby is posting here by proxy. So sweet. :)

And that she thrashes Fran 24sec per 25m is a dream for him :)

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Hi Dory,
    Thanks for the reply. I think that your times were amazing!:) I can do 24sec for 25m front crawl, but I will get a lot faster. I train 3 or 4 hours a week, and I love swimming. ;)
    from Abby:D

I think you're pretty amazing, Abby. :)

When I was about your age, I'd look with great anticipation each month for my subscription of Swimming World magazine to arrive in the mail. All of us swimmers read it back then - kept us abreast on all the top notch everything related to swimming, and it kept my eyes looking upwards, inspiring me. Well, to my absolute shock delight, that very magazine is still in circulation! And they deliver it internationally. Yes, it is American based, but it covers international swimmers and events, plus it's quite informative from a training perspective. If your dad would allow me, I'd like to treat you to a year of Swimming World - just have him send me your address.

Keep up the good work. ;)

~Dory

• Advertisement

I think you're pretty amazing, Abby. :)

When I was about your age, I'd look with great anticipation each month for my subscription of Swimmers World magazine to arrive in the mail. All of us swimmers read it back then - kept us abreast on all the top notch everything related to swimming, and it kept my eyes looking upwards, inspiring me. Well, to my absolute shock delight, that very magazine is still in circulation! And they deliver it internationally. Yes, it is American based, but it covers international swimmers and events, plus it's quite informative from a training perspective. If your dad would allow me, I'd like to treat you to a year of Swimmers World - just have him send me your address.

Keep up the good work. ;)

~Dory

*Proxy here*

Cheers Dory, she was delighted with your initial reply, she had wanted to ask you questions since I'm always going on about some tip or other I picked up from "the American gal on the Boards.ie". She read it a few times and worked out what those times meant compared to her gang... pretty amazing! I'll PM you our address, and have her reply to you there (can't have her seeing half the garbage her Dad posts here). Thats a very generous offer, thanks a million, and I'll make sure I'm third in line to read Swimmers World when it arrives;)

I've a feeling the kids swim session tonight will be extra fast;)

Advertisement