Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rucksack to fit helmet

Options
  • 28-11-2013 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I am looking to buy a rucksack that will fit my bike helmet. I've seen a Dainese one but I was hoping to get something a lot cheaper than €100. I only need it for if I get off the bike and want to explore a bit without carrying a helmet, so nothing fancy is needed, just something of convenience and big! Any ideas? Please and thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/oxford-first-time-expander-tankbag-ol432-453-p.asp

I have this, rarely use it now that I have a top box but it is plenty big to fit a helmet.

Ok so it's a tank bag before it's a rucksack but as you can see it doubles as a backpack fairly quickly and easily. You might get more use out of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aimk

Thanks Vikings,

I will have a look online to see if I can get it any cheaper but it ticks the boxes. Was hoping for under the €50 mark, I thought someone might know of a big school bag! Bought a few oxford bits at motorcycle live yesterday, didn't even think of asking if they had something to put the helmet in, would have probably gotten a good price as well, ah sure. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

If that bag is what you want have a shop around, it's on amazon for £39 (€48) here http://www.amazon.co.uk/FIRST-TIME-EXPANDER-TANK-BAG/dp/B000R566LU/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1385635073&sr=1-1&keywords=oxford+first+time+tank+bag

Use parcel motel and you can get it delivered for €3.50 (or free if it's your first time)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

That bag looks useful as fook til you realise the weight would be like haviing a child trying to hold onto you for dear life :pac: I can't see it being the most comfortable thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Advertisement

Thanks Vikings that's brilliant! Mini dazzler, it could be a new fitness regime, 'carry this bag, lose a stone' ;) thanks CJ I'll check that out now, very helpful guys, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

I have the Knox 6-pack. It's ideal. It's out a while, so you might get it cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Wow when I read the title of this thread I had an image of a little rucksack attached to the back of the helmet.. Need more sleep!

I went with an RTS bag, I was looking for something where the helmet would go inside the bag, a lot of them had a compartment that pulled out and the bag went in that, just looked a little awkward. It's no great shakes but it'll do for wandering if I don't trust locking the helmet to the bike, got it for £23 on sportsbikeshop.com, so happy enough :) thanks for the help, new on the bike scene so it was much appreciated!

Advertisement