Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!! House rebuild question

Options
  • 28-11-2013 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am hoping to close on a house shortly.
    The bank valuer said the rebuild was 95,000,but the quote I got from the insurance company has put the rebuild at 125,000 (that is their minimum)
    I know the contents are separate, that is fine.
    My question is: Will the bank accept 125,000 ie. Does the rebuild have to be exactly what is on the valuation cert?
    If they don't I'm goosed, I can't get anyone else to quote as it is in a subsidence area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

So you have to over insure the property if the bank's figures are correct. No harm done (except to your pocket). The bank obviously won't have a problem with their security being over insured as they aren't paying for it. They would only have a problem if you attempted to under insure it. You'll only get the actual rebuild cost out of the insurer, even if you're over insured of course.

Advertisement