Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mechanic to assess car damage in Port Tunnel Business Park?

Options
  • 28-11-2013 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi,

We had our Renault Scenic 7 seater stolen early September. Long story short, didn't turn up, insurance company paid out, bought Almera.

Got a call from guards to say car had been found - now owned by insurance company, who've offered it back to us at a good price.

Thing is - robbed by scumbags who may've driven the life out of it. It does have a badly damaged wheel which will certainly need to be replaced but otherwise - to a non mechanic punter like me - the car *looks* fine.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of an individual / garage / service located on or near Port Tunnel Business Park, Clonshaugh who would (for a fee) come to examine the car.

The guy has a ramp / car lift [not sure correct name of those] and has said that he's no problem letting us put it up on the ramp / look in / under it.

Any suggestions? Need to move reasonably quickly on this so ideally Thursday or Friday...

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Not sure what year the Renault is, but they are a bundle of problems anyway without it being stolen. I'd stay with the almera if I was you. why would you want your car back after that? If you want a Scenic 7 that badly buy from a garage. Leave the problems with this one behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

I've heard that for years, and yet for the 3 and a bit years we had it - very little trouble at all. Oddly enough, never even had a puncture.

Anyway, back to the point.

Anyone recommend someone to look at it out that direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You could try Paul Nolan in the port tunnel business park

Nolanscars.ie

Advertisement