Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice required: Lost a backpack in a taxi and I have partial details of taxi driver

Options
  • 28-11-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I lost my backpack in a taxi last night (27th November): http://lost.ie/bags-and-wallets/backpack/north-face-bag-lost-in-skoda-octavia-in-raheny

I'm looking for some advice. Apart from contacting the Garda carriage offices (http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=100) and posting the above advertisment - is there anything else I can do?

I have the drivers first name and most of the taxi's registration number (on the roof) as well as the make and model of the car - the Garda said I could call the taxi regulator but this actually the National Transport Authority and I can't find any useful page or number that I could use or call up which would help me get in contact with the taxi driver.

Your advice is appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Surf.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 surfjungle

The bag was found, probably by the taxi driver and handed into the Garda. Thanks to anybody who read this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Glad you got it back! I left some expensive stuff in a taxi a while back and wasn't as lucky :P
    surfjungle wrote: »
    the Garda said I could call the taxi regulator but this actually the National Transport Authority and I can't find any useful page or number that I could use or call up which would help me get in contact with the taxi driver.

It's near impossible to track down a driver - the Gardaí will refer you to the taxi regulator (which no longer exists), and the NTA will say lost/stolen property is a matter for the Gardaí.

It's very frustrating that neither of them wants to take responsibility for it. The way things are at the moment, if you leave something in a taxi you are unlikely to see it again, and there's no official regulator who will assist you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 surfjungle

Thanks face... I did indeed get the Gardaí-TaxiRegulator-NTA-Gardaí runaround but thankfully it's sitting waiting for me to collect.

It's a pity that something so simple and needed as a carriage return office is not available in Dublin. It could create jobs and keep people who pay for public transport happy.

face1990 wrote: »
    Glad you got it back! I left some expensive stuff in a taxi a while back and wasn't as lucky :P

It's near impossible to track down a driver - the Gardaí will refer you to the taxi regulator (which no longer exists), and the NTA will say lost/stolen property is a matter for the Gardaí.

It's very frustrating that neither of them wants to take responsibility for it. The way things are at the moment, if you leave something in a taxi you are unlikely to see it again, and there's no official regulator who will assist you.

Gardaí refer you to the regulator as they don't have a database of drivers/cars like the regulator do.

There are five stations drivers are supposed to bring lost property to. Some do others don't. You are also relying on the driver finding it and not the next customer.

http://www.nationaltransport.ie/contact-us/intro-and-general-enquiries-press-contacts-and-oireachtas-liaison/

Advertisement