Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Provisional BER

• 28-11-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

I'm not a registered BER assessor any more and havnt been for over a year. Someone rang me this morning to get a provisional BER done as their architect never did the BER course or practiced.
    Does anybody know if I can print one for this client if I do the provisional assessment? I can still log in to deap but can't acsess my account on the nas database

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm not a registered BER assessor any more and havnt been for over a year. Someone rang me this morning to get a provisional BER done as their architect never did the BER course or practiced.
    Does anybody know if I can print one for this client if I do the provisional assessment? I can still log in to deap but can't acsess my account on the nas database

no i dont think you can. how can you publish a provisional cert if you cant access NAS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

I didn't think so. I just decided to ask here instead of wasting my time ringing the SEAI. I can't even acsess my old BER certs to print copies. An old client rang me a while back to get me to send them a copy of a cert I completed about 3 years ago. I couldn't print one myself and I rang the SEAI and they couldn't be more unhelpful. I explained my laptop had been stolen during a house burglary and it contained all by backed up BER files. They wouldn't even accept an emailed request from me for a copy! They don't accept or recognize BER Assessors as professionals. I explained that it was for an estate that was in probate and they said the auctioneer or solicitor would have to request it?????? It's a bad job when you're considered lower than either of those " professions".
    Anyway I finished the phone call that day and congratulated myself at not having to deal with the SEAI any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rodzer

I'm sure this was asked before on another thread. I prepare provisional assessments from time to time but don't actually "publish" them. Basically once the client knows how to comply, the works get carried out and then I publish the final BER later. The provisional has served its purpose by then.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Let's not Confuse things here

Either you need to publish a provisional ber cert which means the dwelling is being sold or rented off the plans. ...

Or you're carrying out a DEAP assessment to show Part L compliance.

These are two completely separate things and the latter needs no cert published as it would be useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

I can still do preliminary DEAP calculations, I just cant generate a cert, which is what this client wants as his bank is requesting it to process an application for finance to finish this house, which he is building to sell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement