Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which supersport to go for?

• 28-11-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi all, I am currently looking to upgrade from a 400 to a bigger bike soon enough, I'm looking for more power but also to use it for some touring i the new year, visit the TT and then europe....

The thing is I'm not sure where to go, i was looking at a GSX-R 750 as it seems it would have some big power but is the same size as the 600, then 'i hopped on an R6 and found the riding position to be a bit aggressive, im sure i would get used to it but it was more aggressive than i had expected, I have heard then that the R1 position isnt as aggressive as its little brother but I'm a bit nervous of the power and weight of a litre bike.

After doing a fair bit of looking around I think I'm more confused than at the start and I'm not too sure which to go for... anyone have any stories, recommendations or things to look out for that might help me make a decision?:confused:

Cheers!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

sorta depends on the year, but the r6 is reknown for being very track focused, and quite uncomfortable on the road as a result

my advice would be get yer bum on each of them, and see for yourself what you like the positioning of. Performance wise, there's a knat's arse hair between them all really - its the riding position, and power delivery that varies between them imo

litre bikes are physically bigger machines, so typically more roomy as a result (some exceptions of course, rsv4 is tiny, while the rsv is hoooge) - but your concerns are valid methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Have a look here and play around with a few options.

What kind of bike are you on now? If it's not a sports bike, no matter what you've been on before you'll have a lot of getting used to. It's hard to know how you'll react to one until you get stuck in and climatise to it.

I'm 6'4" and thought for years that there was no way I'd ever own a sportsbike but I've had a slingshot 750 (which was a little cramped for me) and I currently have an RSV Mille which I find absolutely grand. I don't even look that ridiculous on it either :pac: Double bubble screens are your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Yeah I have never ridden on a sports bike so i understand that it will take a while to get used to, i'm just thinking that is the comfort of the R1 compared to the R6 worth going for even though its a lot more bike... i guess the cost of insurance might be the deciding factor.
    i currently ride one of these:

impulse400_060514.jpg

anyone have any experience with the differences between the R6 and a GSX-R 750?

Edit:
    Have a look here and play around with a few options.

cheers for that tool too btw, its really useful!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmm, think about the riding position on a r1/r6 for a trip through europe (also think of lugagge)

In saying that, didn't one of the lads here go on a trip on a r1 with luggage?

I know a friend of mine did 3 weeks in europe on a k5 gixxer with soft panniers. Nutter.

imo, as minor as it is, want to go touring, get a sports tourer type: fz1 or vfr maybe, plenty of poke in both and comfotable.

Sports bikes are just that, bring the r1 to the TT and have a blast.

Advertisement