Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My recording device is 50 quid off right now!

Options
  • 28-11-2013 11:27am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If anyone is looking for a good HDMI/component device, the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 (the green and black glowing box you do see when I'm recording) is only £110 on Amazon right now. REALLY good deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

How does this piece of kit compare to your other recording things?

/knows nothing about game capture

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

1080p HDMI (possible USB 3.0 support)

I think they're the main changes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

How does this piece of kit compare to your other recording things?

/knows nothing about game capture

It's the one I currently use, from which you can infer it's sturdy and flexible (if I didn't have this, recording different consoles would be a nightmare, smash would be impossible, etc). It's very good but perhaps not the absolute best.

Pros:

1080p60 pass through (claimed to be lagless)
    1080p30 recording
    Component and HDMI in
    Extremely resource light (all processing done on the device itself)
    Works as a source in Xsplit
    A major one- the Hauppauge devices require very little set up. The PVR will detect the screen definition and framerate on its own. This seems to be unique to Hauppauge devices and VERY handy. They are really user friendly.

Cons:
    Requires external power source
    No "PC free" mode for quick recording
    A bit on the large size compared to newer recorders

I would consider it the second best device for live game recording on the market, but it's very, very close between it and the Avermedia Live Gamer Portable (which I'm getting one of too to try out).

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

just bought the live gamer.. will report with the deets.. quick testing tonight
    properly on monday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

just bought the live gamer.. will report with the deets.. quick testing tonight
    properly on monday

It's the only device on the market I think is more suited than the Hauppauges from what I read.

Mine is arriving Mon or Tues so I'll prob do a video talking about the 2 devices.

• Advertisement

nice one, im doing the classic reading up on after purchase..

aver media live gamer.. doing the trick for recording.. not checked streaming capabilities yet..

Advertisement