Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utility costs of a commercial property

Options
  • 28-11-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, I'm planning to rent a industrial/commercial unit and I would need to know the average cost of the utilities per sq ft or sq mt.
    If it can be of any help I planning to rent a premises of about 1000 sq feet with warehouse and office.
    Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I have a 1000sqft retail unit and its been a lot lower than I was expecting the electric is working out around €100 a month over the year but we have some pretty serious lighting going on which racks up a little bit. We tend to use electric heaters as well when it gets very cold which adds a fair bit to it over the winter months. I think it will really come down to what sort of lighting you are using, how well insulated the place is and how many things you are running of the electricity obviously if you have printers or something running 24 hours a day its going to add a fair bit to the bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daddo74

Hi Jimmy, thanks a lot for for that! The premises will be composed by the workshop and an office to keep all the books so we'll use just the most common lighting and it will be mainly a manual job with just a few electric equipments. I'll be very happy if we can keep the electricity bill within 100 Euros a month.
    Do you have a rough idea how much the cleaning and waste management would cost?
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We don't have cleaning costs all it takes is a mop and a hoover so I guess just really the cost of replacing those every year or so! Waste is going to be hard to compare as its going to be down to what the waste is and the quantity you would need to contact someone doing something similar to you to find out how much waste they are generating. Waste is only about €50 a month but the majority of ours is cardboard which you can get taken away for free or very little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

You will also have for instance, commercial rates, water charges and may well have Ind Estate service charges, plus waste/refuse disposal fees, telephone/broadband connections and monthly fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daddo74

Thanks you guys for the info. I guess it could be between 100 and 150 euros a months excluding the phone/broadband.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement