Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Birthday

Options
  • 28-11-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has any unusual or different ideas for kids party's?

I know the usual zoom and junglemania but at this stage everyones done them.

I'm looking for something different and I would have to allow for the distance for other parents to bring there children.

Thanks in Advance:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Can you provide either the age of the children, the number of children going to the party, or the part of the country you need?

A 2 year old's party is fairly different to a 12 year old.

Those might help suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

pwurple wrote: »
    Can you provide either the age of the children, the number of children going to the party, or the part of the country you need?

A 2 year old's party is fairly different to a 12 year old.

Those might help suggestions.

Oh sorry.. 6 year old twin boy and girl.. Possibly 20 kids going and Wicklow area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

you could rent out a hall - and do zumba or something - a neighbour of mine does zumba for kids parties and they love it! you could do that for an hour and then have an another hour for face painting and ball games - if you have any teenage nieces/nephews that could help with that. For food you could have buns and crisps and whatever else that kids like. Some community halls have kitchens so you could heat up some pre cooked sausages/nuggets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

My eldest just turned seven and we did ice-cream sundaes instead of a cake. It was really low effort- just a couple of tubs of different flavoured ice-creams and then a load of different toppings and sauces. We got cardboard ice-cream cups and the kids really enjoyed making their own concoctions. We've also done a pizza party in the same way.

For this age imo, less is more- they are excited enough being together and playing without too much structured activity. Saying that I like the idea of them doing some kind of craft for them to take home instead of the usual party bag. We've made strings of beads, crowns (just cut out a load of strips of gold and silver cardboard and have ribbons to attach them, then let them go nuts with stickers and glitter and glue), beeswax candle rolling, ribbon wands (sticks with ribbons attached with sparkly pipe cleaners and a bell on top), masks. Just with that amount of kids I would set up the craft station and have a parent supervising but allow kids to do it in their own time- it will be chaos having 20 kids try to craft at once!

Advertisement