Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobblers and boot repair

Options
  • 28-11-2013 12:39pm

Have 2 pairs of hiking boots that have seen a lot of abuse but are a good brand and I'd hate to throw them out. Soles are fine, tears in uppers and things like hooks for laces just worn away and snapped off.

Anyone know of a repair service in Cork that might look at them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

There's a small repair shop on princes st. Just one or door doors off Oliver plunkett st .( Think it might be called something like shoestrings but not sure ) he's a nice man and willing to try most things. Cobbler by the GPO wasn't at all interested in trying to fix two things for me , he said he'd take a look and sure enough he was able to fix them .worth a go ...

There's a small repair shop on princes st. Just one or door doors off Oliver plunkett st .( Think it might be called something like shoestrings but not sure ) he's a nice man and willing to try most things. Cobbler by the GOP wasn't at all interested in trying to fix two things for me , he said he'd take a look and sure enough he was able to fix them .worth a go ...

Great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

There's a cobbler's/key cutting place on the laneway into the English Market off Patrick St too, repaired shoes for me that I thought were unfixable.

Advertisement