Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking boot repair in Cork?

Options
  • 28-11-2013 12:40pm

Have 2 pairs of hiking boots that have seen a lot of abuse but are a good brand and I'd hate to throw them out. Soles are fine, tears in uppers and things like hooks for laces just worn away.

Anyone know of a repair service in Cork that might look at them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

go to mahers sports on oliver plunket street and ask for kieran or any of the guys upstairs,they will help you where to try.great staff working there.

Great, thanks for that, know the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭RamblingRuairi

What type of boots are they Conor? Most of the boots Mahers repair are sent away (fair enough) but cost approx €110 per pair. It depends of how worn the boots are as well

I was in a similar situation recently with a pair of Hanwag's (bought in Mahers a few years back) and it was more beneficial to buy a new pair of boots.

Just to quantify, Mahers were very helpful and I don't blame them. Most of the boot companies will have a customer service dept that would be able to advise as well

My sister brought them to some place that said one pair were too far gone, very old Meindl but all the metal lace hooks rusted and a few had snapped off, so cheaper to buy replacements. The other were newer with some tears, just a tenner to fix them, though water proofing may be compromised, so they're now for summer use while I scour eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've had boots repaired in the UK by LSR (http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/). They did a fantastic job, but they'd have to be a really specific, or unusual pair of boots to warrant the cost to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement