Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shaver plug to 3pin

Options
  • 28-11-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

I got a new shaver trimmer from amazon and it arrived with a 2 pin shaver plug instead of a 3 pin. The shaver plugs in my apartment are located high above the mirror at the light... unbelievably stupid but true.

Most these devices that have shaver plugs have short-ish power charges.. This shaver has a stand to charge it in and when plugged in is flying in the air, it is not long enough to put down.

The only thing I can do is change it to a normal 3 pin plug. My question: Is it safe to do this? What is the reason for these shaver plugs? A normal 3 pin will give it too much power and melt it??? I can change the plug to 3 pin and charge it in the bedroom.

Thanks in advanced!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

i think you can buy an adapter to plug it in bedroom..

i usually avoid removing supplied plugs in case it has to back..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It is perfectly safe to replace the supplied plug with a three-pin but you'd be mad to do that, for starters it would mean that'd need to bring an adapter with you to any country outside the UK whereas hotel bathrooms the world over have two-pin shaver sockets. The adapters are readily available for a couple of euro. Go into any electrical shop and ask for a shaver two-pin to three-pin adapter.......

31WrDnVdh6L._SY450_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

thanks guys

Advertisement