Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of switching back to Eircom from Sky .... Am I mad?

Options
  • 28-11-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My contract with Sky is up towards the end of Jan - service with Sky is fine but price is jumping up. 

If I sign up for Eircom, do ye handle the notice on my contract with Sky or do I do that myself?

My line is "up to" 12mb as far as I know - I currently get speeds of 6mb with Sky - but most importantly it's a steady speed even at peak times. Looking down through the forum - it looks like there are issues with speeds at peak times?? Can I get a guarantee of peak speeds? And if there is an issue can I get out of my contract without penalty if I am not happy? 

Thanks,
    Keith. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Hi all,

My contract with Sky is up towards the end of Jan - service with Sky is fine but price is jumping up. 

If I sign up for Eircom, do ye handle the notice on my contract with Sky or do I do that myself?

My line is "up to" 12mb as far as I know - I currently get speeds of 6mb with Sky - but most importantly it's a steady speed even at peak times. Looking down through the forum - it looks like there are issues with speeds at peak times?? Can I get a guarantee of peak speeds? And if there is an issue can I get out of my contract without penalty if I am not happy? 

Thanks,
    Keith. 
    Hi Keith

We would suggest to contact Sky directly to confirm the notification / contract process with them. Can you PM the telephone number to look into the speed issue.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

PM sent Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

PM sent Mark

Thanks for those details keith_d99. I'll come back to you soon through PM's

Thanks

Tracey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Commander Shepard

just look at the prices of unlimited broadband with sky and with eircom its 40 with sky and 50 with eircom and sky's is truly unlimited

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Eddieken

Keith, Stay with Sky if you're getting the speed. No matter what guarantee they give you eircom service is very bad and you will have no come back with them. Their custom service is none existent, i am still waiting 2 months for a complaint to be registered with them for the brutal speeds i was getting, i was passed from service team to other service teams and no one would/could resolve the issue (which and eircom engineer told me was a known congestion issue when he visited my house). 

Where are you situated? look for congestion problems in your area on google or this forum. 

Caveat emptor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thanks for the replies lads and thanks for the PM Tracey. 

If there is no cooling off period once the service goes live, there is no way that I can sign with Eircom. 
    As far as I remember Sky do offer a "cooling off" period that allows you to cancel if you are not happy with the service. 

I don't want to be stuck in a 12 month contract if I am not getting a reliable service. There seems to be too many reports of fluctuating speeds on the rural exchanges (NGB enabled) to risk the jump. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks for the replies lads and thanks for the PM Tracey. 

If there is no cooling off period once the service goes live, there is no way that I can sign with Eircom. 
    As far as I remember Sky do offer a "cooling off" period that allows you to cancel if you are not happy with the service. 

I don't want to be stuck in a 12 month contract if I am not getting a reliable service. There seems to be too many reports of fluctuating speeds on the rural exchanges (NGB enabled) to risk the jump. 

No problem at all keith_d99. Sorry it wasn't better news and I'm sorry to hear you will not be joining us.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement