Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop/Xtravision/HMV: Black Friday 2013

• 28-11-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Will any of these stores be doing anything for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Is black friday a thing in Ireland now too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,170 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think it's more an excuse than anything. Not quite as crazy as over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

gamestop did last year got a 3DS XL about 70 euro off retail price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

gamestop did last year got a 3DS XL about 70 euro off retail price

I'd love if they actually did that again tomorrow I wouldn't mind a 3DS myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No need to be puttin Xtra vision in a thread, any gamer worth his salt won't shop there anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

SeantheMan wrote: »
    No need to be puttin Xtra vision in a thread, any gamer worth his salt won't shop there anymore

Well I considered the fact that the store does sell video games nonetheless. If I had just wrote "HMV" I would've had people giving out "what about Xtravision?" I included all 3 to settle that..... Now I have to sit in severe regret ...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gamestop sent out a mail-shot yesterday that they;re doing something. Remember getting a few decent new Wii games off them for €1 2 years ago, and is it them who do the €6 or €15 blind-bag that might have ****e in it but has the occasional decent release in it?

Xtravision are planning to replace the innards of any pre-order PS4s with the innards of a pumpkin and vice versa so you can game the way the original pilgrims did. If you have a pre-order for a PS4 you will be forced to buy a pumpkin at point-of-sale or forfeit your place in the line. [citation needed]

Not heard anything with regard to HMV, but their first month's trading is over by now so they are allowed to put sales on again, it's as good an excuse as any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got the mail also, I bet I'm not alone in hoping the gamestop "luckybags" don't make a reappearance, does anyone remember those :mad:

OT: Just saw a piece on the news lwith yanks queuing for the sales and some VT of people threatening to knife folks, thumping the head off each other and general stampeding, I thought last weeks south park was an exaggeration, clearly not from those scenes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

calex71 wrote: »
    Got the mail also, I bet I'm not alone in hoping the gamestop "luckybags" don't make a reappearance, does anyone remember those :mad:

OT: Just saw a piece on the news lwith yanks queuing for the sales and some VT of people threatening to knife folks, thumping the head off each other and general stampeding, I thought last weeks south park was an exaggeration, clearly not from those scenes :pac:

And the irony being black friday isn't even when the best bargains are, it's right before Christmas or the Superbowl, when companies knock down the previous year's model tvs since people upgrade their sets around then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Current Black Friday list on Gamestop:

http://ow.ly/rgE8v

The link includes SKUs so the only way to keep up to date (assuming they don't update the ow.ly link with new products) is to check Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/GameStopIreland

Seems to be updated hourly, so post back here if you spot something good during the day.

Subscribe to the thread (click follow at the top) to get up to date info by email as it comes in.

• Advertisement

http://ow.ly/rgFCs

PS3 deals now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PC stuff....

http://ow.ly/rgLtR

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

I thought they might have a ps3 controller for sale, they dont seem to be doing much at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Might pop into Xtravision in a bit for a quick look. See if anything is on sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If you want to buy anything you might have to buy a PS4 game with it :pac:

Mister Man wrote: »
    Might pop into Xtravision in a bit for a quick look. See if anything is on sale

According to the paper today Battlefield 4 is 36.99 on PS3 and XB360

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

BF 4 is €30 right now on GameStop. Not a bad deal especially if you want to upgrade to the ps 4 version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mr E wrote: »
    PC stuff....

http://ow.ly/rgLtR
    It's PC madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Gears of War Judgement for €10.88 delivered, happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

xbox 360 was a great deal in gamestop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Wish people would boycot Gamestop!.....they are constantly ripping gamers off in trade-in value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

calex71 wrote: »
    According to the paper today Battlefield 4 is 36.99 on PS3 and XB360

tesco has it for 37....and you can upgrade to the digital ps4 version for a tenner :)

Advertisement