Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SEN / All Consoles / PS+ - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs- See OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

From Playstation EU Twitter
    Heads up > There will be Network maintenance on PSN - Monday 9th/Tuesday & 10th Dec between 16:00 and 00:00 GMT. Thanks for your patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This is the most trivial thing, but I have my account to show PS4 trophies on my facebook newsfeed, and it doesn't. Like its linked to the facebook, I can upload screenshots and it shows the games I've been playing but no trophies./

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cloud493 wrote: »
    This is the most trivial thing, but I have my account to show PS4 trophies on my facebook newsfeed, and it doesn't. Like its linked to the facebook, I can upload screenshots and it shows the games I've been playing but no trophies./

I don't have fb, but from messing with the PS4 I remember seeing something like share videos and share trophies and both had tick boxes beside them.
    Maybe you need to tick the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I had this setup on the PS3, filled my Facebook feed and I turned it off as if say it was quite annoying.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

CastorTroy wrote: »
    From Playstation EU Twitter

Ahh thats where my problems are coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The Online PSN store working properly for everyone?

Can't sign in, the pop up appears and then closes itself, using chrome and I've not tried another browser yet.

Varik wrote: »
    The Online PSN store working properly for everyone?

Can't sign in, the pop up appears and then closes itself, using chrome and I've not tried another browser yet.

Same with firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

same here on chrome and ie ... was happening yesterday night as well

PS4 error codes added to OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I bought a US version of the last of us Ps3 from play Asia,the multiplayer never worked.
    I now have a PS4,do I just need to set up a US psn account to play a US version of TLOU remastered multiplayer? Or is mp region locked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I bought a US version of the last of us Ps3 from play Asia,the multiplayer never worked.
    I now have a PS4,do I just need to set up a US psn account to play a US version of TLOU remastered multiplayer? Or is mp region locked?

We can't test it as TLOU Remastered isn't out yet, but I would assume the MP is region-locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Otacon wrote: »
    We can't test it as TLOU Remastered isn't out yet, but I would assume the MP is region-locked.

Thanks for the quick reply btw.

Thought as much. does it tend to be region locked for most us games?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone having trouble with PSN? Trying to buy The Warriors but can't add funds.

Edit: Had to add funds before going through the checkout process. Just the add funds button wasn't working on the checkout page

We're aware some users are having issues connecting to the PSN. Thanks for your patience while we investigate.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

So how to deactivate a PlayStation 4 console as primary console if you don't have that console?

Let's say my PlayStation got stolen, it was activated as primary. I have my shiny new console and I want to set it as my primary. How can I deactivate the stolen PlayStation 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Luke92 wrote: »
    So how to deactivate a PlayStation 4 console as primary console if you don't have that console?

Let's say my PlayStation got stolen, it was activated as primary. I have my shiny new console and I want to set it as my primary. How can I deactivate the stolen PlayStation 4?

On the Sony entertainment network stite.

It'll deactivate everything, so Any ps3 and such need to be reactivated as well.

Limited to one every 6 months. You can also call them but sometime they ask for police report for theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

I was glad when Sony made that available. I had my psn activated on a few different ps3's and couldn't activate it after I bought another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 buffalo909

I live in Australia and am moving back to Ireland in a couple of months time, don't know if its worth bringing my ps4 back with me or if it'll just be a waste of time because of the different regions, would anyone be able to give me some advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

buffalo909 wrote: »
    I live in Australia and am moving back to Ireland in a couple of months time, don't know if its worth bringing my ps4 back with me or if it'll just be a waste of time because of the different regions, would anyone be able to give me some advice?

The regions shouldn't affect you massively. If you have an aussie account you want to keep ps+ on, then just buy aussie psn credit online. Alternatively you can set up an Irish account once you get here. Either way, no reason not to bring it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, mods feel free to move it if necessary.
    Having some difficulties with my sons ps4 for the last couple of days, basically it boots up just fine but then it refuses to accept a disc and when I try to play any of the downloaded games it just freezes, I can press the ps button and switch user or turn the console off but if I change user it opens up and I get the message that I cannot do anything on this screen and if I switch off it doesn't completely turn off and I get a continuous flashing White light.
    It only came good yesterday after switching off at the socket a couple of times and the same today.
    Anybody know what the problem is or had a similar issue?

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum, mods feel free to move it if necessary.
    Having some difficulties with my sons ps4 for the last couple of days, basically it boots up just fine but then it refuses to accept a disc and when I try to play any of the downloaded games it just freezes, I can press the ps button and switch user or turn the console off but if I change user it opens up and I get the message that I cannot do anything on this screen and if I switch off it doesn't completely turn off and I get a continuous flashing White light.
    It only came good yesterday after switching off at the socket a couple of times and the same today.
    Anybody know what the problem is or had a similar issue?

Id say contact sony for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Well after a bit of googling I decided to start it in safe mode and update software, it has been spot on since then so hopefully it was just a glitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

My PS4 interface is always deadly slow. The What's New part rarely loads and store and friends take ages to load. Anyone else suffer from this or could it just be my connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Hi, my son has bought a new PS4 but is unable to log into PSN (Horizon router). A number of different errors are appearing the most common one being WV-33898-1 - Connection timing out. We have been onto PS support and UPC but they are no help. The PS guys advised us to open ports on the router but when we rang UPC to assist they said they couldnt help us as they dont support the Horizon router!

Anyhoo would anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve the issue? He is trying since yesterday morning to get it sorted and it is driving him nuts at this stage.

Cheers

Garzorico.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Hi, my son has bought a new PS4 but is unable to log into PSN (Horizon router). A number of different errors are appearing the most common one being WV-33898-1 - Connection timing out. We have been onto PS support and UPC but they are no help. The PS guys advised us to open ports on the router but when we rang UPC to assist they said they couldnt help us as they dont support the Horizon router!

Anyhoo would anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve the issue? He is trying since yesterday morning to get it sorted and it is driving him nuts at this stage.

Cheers

Garzorico.

Have a read of this thread, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057432872

Might help.

I'm still failing at PSN sign in. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My PS4 won't turn on. A blue light appears for about 2 seconds then back off, can't even access safe mode.

Sony want €215 to fix it as it is out of warranty. Anyone have a similar and was it possible to fix it without being robbed by Sony?

I take it that you have tried this:

https://techblog.tv/solved-ps4-blue-light-of-death-fix-playstation-4-video-games/

Try at your own risk.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

eddhorse wrote: »
    I take it that you have tried this:

https://techblog.tv/solved-ps4-blue-light-of-death-fix-playstation-4-video-games/

Try at your own risk.

Ed

Thanks.
    Nothing worked, and at €215 to get fixed with only 3 months warranty...thinking of the €399 deal for the 1TB with PS TV and a full year warranty would be near better value at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭IrishB.ie

RobertKK wrote: »
    My PS4 won't turn on. A blue light appears for about 2 seconds then back off, can't even access safe mode.

Sony want €215 to fix it as it is out of warranty. Anyone have a similar and was it possible to fix it without being robbed by Sony?

Hi RobertKK, I'm interested on what you decided to do.
    My son's PS4 is behaving the exact same way.
    Same as you, it's out of warranty.
    Looking not to have to buy a new PS4
    and be stuck with an expensive book-end.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭IrishB.ie

http://electronicpartner.ie/

Has anyone used these guys to get a repair done?
    Are they reputable? Any opinions?

Advertisement