Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening to Apple green beside the Clanree?

Options
  • 28-11-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anyone know what's going on with this shop? Cheapest diesel by a mile on the roads I travel!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

They closed on Tuesday for renovations. I think it was today or tomorrow that the sign said they'd be open again.

They're adding a subway in instead of their deli, but I saw they had the pumps out too, so they might be upgrading them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're doing refits to most of the bought in stations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

It was open again when I went past at 6 or so for just petrol, looks like they're a long way off the shop being ready though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Initially they announced a whole complex including a Burger King drive-thru but that never materialised.

The place is a kip, no car wash, air line or any other service, so I'm guessing they're renovating and cleaning the place up a bit. I can't see a Subway lasting any length of time out there, it's just not a good location. Technically there is no right turn for traffic coming out of the town, even though people do cross the roadway to enter from town direction and during the day it can be a bitch of a place to get out of as traffic is so heavy and god forbid a driver would have to move to the outer lane to make room for a car exiting from the place.

I don't and won't use it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

CJC999 wrote: »
    Initially they announced a whole complex including a Burger King drive-thru but that never materialised.

The place is a kip, no car wash, air line or any other service, so I'm guessing they're renovating and cleaning the place up a bit. I can't see a Subway lasting any length of time out there, it's just not a good location. Technically there is no right turn for traffic coming out of the town, even though people do cross the roadway to enter from town direction and during the day it can be a bitch of a place to get out of as traffic is so heavy and god forbid a driver would have to move to the outer lane to make room for a car exiting from the place.

I don't and won't use it

Completely disagree. Look at the business the Dry Arch Petrol Station gets at lunch time from workers and drivers out on the road. It has fantastic potential. Hell, i'd even prefer to go out there for a sub than try park up the main street and go to the Subway up there at anytime of the day, not just when on the road at work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I don't and won't use it

They have a water and air thing now, the air thing is actually pretty cool. You hold it onto the tire valve and it beeps once it's full (you set the pressure at the start). It's like the one in the station on the mountain top, except it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Flibbles wrote: »
    They have a water and air thing now, the air thing is actually pretty cool. You hold it onto the tire valve and it beeps once it's full (you set the pressure at the start). It's like the one in the station on the mountain top, except it's free.
    Wasn't the car wash opened there recently too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

an NCT wash would be a good plan there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

This could be the case as Applegreen are opening new foodcourt type complexes in both Tralee and Carlow at the moment that will house both Burger Kings and Subways. They already have BKs in their motorway service stations. Maybe it's part of a nationwide expansion plan of Applegreen to open similar in provincial towns like Letterkenny, Tralee etc.

Advertisement