Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dock Road New portable Cameras

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

More than likely they're NRA traffic monitoring cameras.
    I doubt very much that they're being used to spy on motorists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They're NRA cameras. Saw the NRA guy checking them.

They are in a public area. Legal, no conspiracy theories need apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

limklad wrote: »
    Who gave them permission to spy on motorist?

Are you for real? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Are you for real? :D
    Yes, It is the way they are positioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Pointing at the road..... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There has been strips on the road counting cars for the past couple of months, I assume it's just an extension of that project.

If it helps solve the traffic problems at that double roundabout I don't care if they install x-ray cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Malarkey121

They are all over Limerick city if you look, also on Corbally road, any road that bottlenecks and causes delays they measure the flow of traffic and at what times etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Those cables monitoring the traffic I hope something positive comes from it i.e. an entrance point to the city from the M20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

They do these surveys (the wires on the road) every now and then....to see how much money they are losing by people not using the tunnel :).
    As the tunnel is free for HGV's for november I would guess that the camera's are checking if many Trucks are still using the condell/dock road route.
    They also often use these camera's at certain junctions to see if traffic lights are needed.

A pity they didn't put a camera up by Clohessy's from January to June to see why that job is still ongoing.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

mgbgt1978 wrote: »

A pity they didn't put a camera up by Clohessy's from January to June to see why that job is still ongoing.......

THIS :) +1

• Advertisement
Advertisement