Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Santa Bringing?

Options
  • 28-11-2013 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

Well, by Santa I probably mean you yourself in the sales. I know 'Kitchen Santa' is me, a bit fat after Christmas, with a big red face scoping out the 20% off aisles.

This year I have my eye on

A Raskog kitchen trolley from Ikea, my veggies need somewhere foxy & shiny to live.

raskog-kitchen-cart__0144044_PE304208_S4.JPG

A new knife. I broke the nose off my poor Global chefs knife slicing lemons for the umpteenth Gin & Tonic of the night. Not sure what type I want, whether just to replace the Global or go for a new one

71-33.jpg

aaand a coffee grinder to go with last Christmas's espresso machine and champagne coupes and more Falcon enamelware

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I've placed an order for this.

That'll teach people to ask me what I want for Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

oscarBravo wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

oscarBravo wrote: »

Oh that's beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

An apron

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If it doesn't turn up under the tree, I'm going to buy a food processor in the sales. Probably one go the Grundig ones in Homestore+more. I'd love a kenwood but with emigration on the cards next year, as well as very tight finances, it's not the right time for that investment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love that Ikea trolley. I don't have anywhere to put it though.

I just want cook books. We spent the first year and a half of marriage buying all the kitchen things so I don't think there's anything that I want but you can never have too many cook books.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Oh that's beautiful!
    Isn't it, though? I have the filleting knife from that range already, and it's a work of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

Le Creuset goodies :D I am reasonably well-supplied, with a griddle pan, a medium size casserole and two frying pans, one small, one large, but dammit, I need more. Specifically, the biggest casserole. What's irritating me is that the huge one, the 34 cm round one, isn't sold here any more and that's the one I want. They have it in the US and I can have it delivered to the in-laws but then I'll have to wait until we move to actually use it and instant gratification is what I'm after. Also, they don't make it in my colour :mad:

The in-laws are bringing me some All-Clad treats, to include the measuring cups and spoons and food thermometer. Other goodies at their discretion but will either be jewellery or further cooking gear. All of which is fine by me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Oh and I want a ceramic pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

...you can never have too many cook books.

I think my wife might disagree:rolleyes:

I want a wood fired oven for the garden. As there is never any realistic chance of me getting this (or anything remotely cooking related), I'll have to wait and get it later in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Santa brought me a sugar thermometer 'tother day, thoughtful of him to bring it in time for making marmalade :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My mum told me yesterday she was all set to buy me a cake tin shaped like honeycomb. When you bake a cake you can break off little "honey cells". Then she told me it was €60 so too expensive - so now I really want it!!

I'd love that ikea trolley, but I've nowhere to put it. I'd love my own house with a proper pantry!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    My mum told me yesterday she was all set to buy me a cake tin shaped like honeycomb. When you bake a cake you can break off little "honey cells". Then she told me it was €60 so too expensive - so now I really want it!!

I'd love that ikea trolley, but I've nowhere to put it. I'd love my own house with a proper pantry!

Have you seen this one on ebay? I bon't have an account with them so not sure if they'll ship to Ireland (or how much it would cost) but it's only $5!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Pan-Handmade-Silicone-Cake-Mold-Bee-Honeycomb-Baking-Mold-Ice-Mold-/390640662403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af3ff7783

dee_mc wrote: »
    Have you seen this one on ebay? I bon't have an account with them so not sure if they'll ship to Ireland (or how much it would cost) but it's only $5!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Pan-Handmade-Silicone-Cake-Mold-Bee-Honeycomb-Baking-Mold-Ice-Mold-/390640662403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af3ff7783

Looks interesting! They do ship to Ireland but no idea of cost. Maybe I'll surprise her with it and then I can "borrow" it from her later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Santa is bringing me a food mixer, kenwood classic chef exactly like the one my parents got as a wedding gift 33 years ago and is still going strong. I am very excited, my mum has definitely been listening!

Digs wrote: »
    Santa is bringing me a food mixer, kenwood classic chef exactly like the one my parents got as a wedding gift 33 years ago and is still going strong. I am very excited, my mum has definitely been listening!

I have a Kenwood Chef (got it as a wedding present) and I love it so so much. Have fun playing with it. The first thing I made was a pavlova because I was never able to make before. Now I make fab pavlova!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Faith wrote: »
    If it doesn't turn up under the tree, I'm going to buy a food processor in the sales. Probably one go the Grundig ones in Homestore+more. I'd love a kenwood but with emigration on the cards next year, as well as very tight finances, it's not the right time for that investment!

I got a really tidy kenwood food processor a few years ago. I love it because it doesn't take up much room. It's probably a helluva lot cheaper than the massive monsters you can buy. Mine is just the motor and then on top you can choose between having the bowl with all the usual fittings or the blender jug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I have a Kenwood Chef (got it as a wedding present) and I love it so so much. Have fun playing with it. The first thing I made was a pavlova because I was never able to make before. Now I make fab pavlova!

Oh brilliant! Great to hear it's still a quality appliance. Pavlova is definitely on the list.

I love baking however creaming butter and sugar alone is a task in itself without a mixer, I won't know myself once I get my hands on it :D

Digs wrote: »
    Oh brilliant! Great to hear it's still a quality appliance. Pavlova is definitely on the list.

I love baking however creaming butter and sugar alone is a task in itself without a mixer, I won't know myself once I get my hands on it :D

It does make baking so much easier. My Dad said he'd call around tonight so I thought I'd bake him a cake. I have a foolproof chocolate cake recipe that he loves and I got it whipped up, in the lined tins and in the oven in about 15 minutes while the baby was asleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

I have dropped a few hints for this beauty:

http://www.easons.com/p-1363670-irish-beef-book.aspx

I flicked through it in Avoca and it looks a real labour of love and craft. I was sold as soon as I saw the quotation inside the front cover:
    "All flesh is grass"
    Isaiah 40:6

I can think of no better homage to Irish beef

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I'm hoping to find one of these under the tree................ that reminds me, must send herself another "reminder" of the web address :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Oh and I want a ceramic pan.

Hi Mrs Fox,

If it's a frying pan you're after, Lidl have them for 19.99 at the moment:

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-A8E89141-ACADF94D/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=1129

Loire.

Advertisement