Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get from Finglas Road to Intel, Lexlip?

Options
  • 28-11-2013 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I live on the Finglas road close to the Ardmore Hotel and am starting work soon in Intel, Lexlip. Does anyone know what would be the best way to travel? If I drive I must cross the toll twice a day which makes it expensive. There is no car park at Broombridge station or Ashtown station and the Navan road parkway station charges €4 a day which added to my train fair would make it very expensive... :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Just use the backroads. Probably no slower than going the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 waspx

Yea I was thinking about that, It's been years since I was over that way, I should probably do a test run of it before I start, make sure I don't get lost!! Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

This is the route I would go.

http://goo.gl/maps/Cn4qS

• Registered Users Posts: 7 waspx

Nice one thank's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Another option might be to cycle to somewhere like Ashtown station and lock the bike there (A decent lock if it's a cheap bike should be fine, alternatively investigate the bike lockers at the station?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Walk to Broombridge and train to Leixlip (Louisa Bridge) seems like the simplest.

I think Luas contractors have started to move into the Broombridge site, so hopefully less anti-social behaviour there.

Alternatively, bus to Drumcondra and train from there.

Note that here is construction work at Intel and the road outside is due to be realigned, so expect traffic delays. It seems that there is a park and ride service from M3 Parkway station to Intel - check details with Intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

there is also a shuttle bus from Louisa Bridge - HP - Intel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

If you are working for a contractor then you will likely be given a pass to park your car at dunboyne (M3 parkway rail station) this would save you time and tolls in the mornings but is a hassle in the evenings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you are working for a contractor then you will likely be given a pass to park your car at dunboyne (M3 parkway rail station) this would save you time and tolls in the mornings but is a hassle in the evenings

Dunboyne and the M3 Parkway are two separate stations. M3 Parkway is further out than Dunboyne, closer to Ratoath.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The shuttle buses run from M3 Parkway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

OP, as already mentioned, a lot will depend on whether you're blue badge or green badge.
    Also key is what work pattern will you be on? The standard Intel day of 8-4.30 (3.30 on Fridays) or will you be on shift work (7-7).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

January wrote: »
    Dunboyne and the M3 Parkway are two separate stations. M3 Parkway is further out than Dunboyne, closer to Ratoath.

To clarify it is the M3 parkway station but is known around intel as "dunboyne" and the busses that bring you to/fro have "dunboyne" written on them

Advertisement